★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

Thought it looked like mine :lol:

Awsome exhaust you'll love it, you got the rest of the system?

Just the box bro.

Will be using it until I get a full system later on B)

Just want to get the red thing boosting asap lol :wub:

Joz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might aswell refresh it when its out boys, even if its just simple stuff like timing belt, gaskets, water pump etc. so much easier when it's on a bench, and aint exactly expensive when using oem/blueprint parts. means it's less to worry about when the engine's in.

also, achilles? didnt know you were david beckham mate. we should have sex, as you're sexy etc.

blueprint is stock also mate, so yeah, i'd be wary of going anything above stock boost, even coming down to decats etc and performance exhaust.

it's a stock clutch with stock clamping pressure for a reason.

if it took more then i imagine that was luck more than anything mate. unless it's a paddle or has an uprated pressure plate, it'll be pretty much stock. so yeah, if you put 200bhp then chances are it'll slip, but im sure you know that anyway.

if it doesnt then it'll be down to luck. fingers crossed for you mate.

if it does go then you can get cheap paddles these days so aint the end of the world, just additional moneys.

I couldn't put it better myself Phil. Not only do they die almost instantly but are horrible to drive with too. I'd recommend the Spec 6 PUK paddle clutch that Tuning Developments sell though, they are really nice to drive with. I have mine around 6 weeks or hard abuse and it had no signs of real wear when I removed it.

Idrees@ID-Workz

i'd expect as much after 6 weeks :)

tbh that's almost not enough time to bed them in. ideally clutches should be ran for around 500miles gently to bed them all in, manufacturer recommendations vary but its usually around that.

Slight delays are in place at the minute as I've strained my achillies tendon. Painful to move about so it's having an effect on progress unfortunately.

At this stage the engine is out of the donor car (cheers Steve) and I'm assessing what needs doing while it's out. Thinking we should maybe go the whole hog and renew the timing belt, headgasket, all worn seals and generally give it an overhaul to remove any question marks.

I found an Exedy clutch on there which is getting binned - same unit as Phil's transplant had so I'm not happy leaving it on there at all.

Jozman, give me a bell when you get a chance buddy. Need to discuss options. :lol:

Jay

See you bright and early monday in the Costa Jaystar for EP operations. Please give my thanks to Steve for helping with the removal.

Joz

i'd expect as much after 6 weeks :lol:

tbh that's almost not enough time to bed them in. ideally clutches should be ran for around 500miles gently to bed them all in, manufacturer recommendations vary but its usually around that.

Fair point, I had brand new Exedy Paddle on the same car and it was a shamble after 4 weeks so I was just kinda comparing to that! :lol: I did around 2k miles on the Spec one. Think I'm gonna order a new one soon for the new motor.

Get well soon Jay.

if it took more then i imagine that was luck more than anything mate. unless it's a paddle or has an uprated pressure plate, it'll be pretty much stock. so yeah, if you put 200bhp then chances are it'll slip, but im sure you know that anyway.

if it doesnt then it'll be down to luck. fingers crossed for you mate.

if it does go then you can get cheap paddles these days so aint the end of the world, just additional moneys.

My stock clutch is holding up to 240bhp fine

All I can say is the engine is now getting the full treatment.

The suspense is killing me but the wait is going to be well worth it.

Thanks for all your help thus far Jaystar and WeeJohn.

Joz

• 3 weeks later...