★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Phil Mate :o

Its certainly tasty ;b you got good stuff too so no worries, its good to be a little different aye;b I even got it put at an angle.

The tacho wiring is bunched up neatly with black tape right behind the tacho, thru a small hole in the dash. Hope the pics are OK?

Only a little bit of the wiring is visible. The dude had to take apart the whole dash, underneath the wheel and the garnish but job well done, neatness 8/10!

The garage I go to is ex toyota (lost dealership 2 years ago) but is still top notch for around these parts, just a guy who did a few tachos before ;b

Got it done in an hour & a 1/2 for 40 beans. Not bad!

Its much more meaningful now driving with the tacho!

Very highly recommended for n/a peeps without rev counter, well worth it and much more eye catching than having it in cluster and maybe more accurate!

£38.90 of pure revving goodness! Get in there.

Just got back from Poker lol! We play til late... :lol:

Safe Driving & Fun Revving UKSC!

Peace Out

From Joz

Hi All

Another small update.

Front Strut Brace fitted but may take it off to get painted.

It really does make the front part of the chassis more sturdy and you feel much more confident in cornering like at 70-80mph ;b Less Flex is right!

Would love a rear strut brace too.

Also got rear SR parcel shelf discreetly wired up and works a treat, enough to please my ears.

TRD Spark Plug Wires are on their way from Japan. Will prob get some NGK Iridiums to compliment them.

Lowering suspension will now definitely be adj shocks and quality lowering springs. Got some reliable sources looking out for me and my budget so fair play.

Apexi Power Intake has still not arrived yet after nearly 6 weeks, wats happening down there?...

Pics to come soon.

Thanks for reading

Peace Out

Joz

Hi All

Another small update.

Front Strut Brace fitted but may take it off to get painted.

It really does make the front part of the chassis more sturdy and you feel much more confident in cornering like at 70-80mph ;b Less Flex is right!

Would love a rear strut brace too.

Also got rear SR parcel shelf discreetly wired up and works a treat, enough to please my ears.

TRD Spark Plug Wires are on their way from Japan. Will prob get some NGK Iridiums to compliment them.

Lowering suspension will now definitely be adj shocks and quality lowering springs.  Got some reliable sources looking out for me and my budget so fair play.

Apexi Power Intake has still not arrived yet after nearly 6 weeks, wats happening down there?...

Pics to come soon.

Thanks for reading

Peace Out

Joz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me know on what kit you use to lower your suspension. I'm wanting to do that as I think I'll be getting some new rims in the next few weeks.

joz man thats mint mate how your car is movin along with momentum,

you did make a good choice on the tacho mate,

and im loving the way your goin about it.

ill give you a tinkle later on today mukker :lol:

@davehart

Not to worry mate, I will let ya know exactly what lowering suspension setup I get. I have been deciding for months what to get, but I know its gonna happen and will be more than worth the wait... Good luck with finding your alloys.

@enzo

Thanks Geo mate, I am trying my best with limited resources over here ;b I will get sum new pics up soon...

Cool, give us a buzz after 10.30, will be workin til then!

Peace All

Joz

Cheers Bilal!

Finally removed the bump strips with a hairdryer!

Only thing now is to get rid of the old glue which is an absolute @!$% to remove :lol:

I know a lot of people have removed theirs so some glue removing tips would be great!

I got the buffer out and tested it but it looked way too harsh as I think ours is dodgy lol, used tar remover but that sorta bonded the glue together even tighter.

Any tips at all would be great to remove the gluey stuff without causing any damage to the paintwork!

Minimum elbow grease required ;b

Can't take any new pics til this is done.

Also Apexi power intake has still not arrived from japan yet, wot is going on down in the land of the rising sun!!!

Cheers All

Peace

Joz

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the glue off from the bump strips, makes the car have more noticeable lines and a bit more flush :p

Not gonna take any new pics til I finish getting my front strut brace painted and fit the new ngk iridiums and trd spark plug leads. Also might be gettin my wheels done, rather than splash out £200 on new alloys why not get them painted? What would I do with the old ones anyway hehe!

Unfortuantely I had to cancel the Apexi Power Intake from funky due to it taking more than 6 weeks but they have top comms and gave me a full refund, just to let people know its the exact same kit as the one from 5400rpm on eBay in case you think its different due to the price.

Induction is gonna take a back seat for the moment, but is always in my mind, may get another k&n filter charger for the meantime...

Good luck with you cars!

Peace All

Joz

Hay :p

It was such a nice day so I washed the car and took some fresh new pics of my Starletto! A few new things done and added, see if you can spot them ;b

72e615b0.jpg

8c2cd422.jpg

66d88002.jpg

Please Enjoy!

Comments Welcome!

Peace Out :p

Joz

Thanks Dudes!

Much Appreciated!

Cool Sparky, 10k aint that mental lol!

Phil put the JDM mani on your shopping list, its HOT! lol

Shelly, I'm still waiting for a comment from you ;b

What u think Geo, the bump strips are gone boss!

Im still shopping around for suspension, will be a reality this year for sure!

Keep those comments coming, don't be shy :p

Peace Out

Joz

Cheers Geo mate!

Makes such a difference washing the car on a sunny day!

I wasn't gonna unveil the engine bay til that little lot was done ;b

Not too bad for n/a ;b All I need now is bling bling rocker cover lol;b

Those speaker boxes run right off the rear parcel shelf, with the rear parcel shelf running off the head unit. No subs or amps involved. Loud enough for in car listening minus head turning bass, this mini ICE is practical, the boxes came outta my old corolla :p .

I would rather spend my next fund on suspension rather than ICE.

Have u decided what to go for yet?

Watch this space ;b

Peace Out

Joz

I love your engine bay, the matching ignition leads are a nice touch, I think they sell lengths of tubing in halfords (I've seen some blue stuff thats thats similar to the washer tubing), grab some of that to replace that stock black stuff. That JDM mani is beauty, definatly on my shopping list!

Nice wheels, the car lines are smoother without the bum strips, I'm unsure weather to paint or remove mine,.....

Your a bit ahead of me but I'll catch you! <_<

@Blue Icarian Wings

Cheers for the compliments mate, trust me Im not that far ahead of you but do have a couple of things sorted, and yea something to replace the stock hosing would be nice (those are trd ignition leads by the way ;<_< Get to this stage and you are laughing mate ;b I look forward to you catching up, I need to get my rear lights sorted too but I'm gonna get her lowered 1st! Up to you about the bump strips but individuality is the key ;b... JDM mani is pretty much the top mod for n/a starlet in terms of drivetrain performance.

Take care, keep updating and have fun.

@Enzo

Cool mate, I like the way you edited my post at the end to hide your secret squirrel plans lol, sound as mate, get an update when you can, look forward to it. I am getting her lowered and adj panhardened this summer for sure after college is over! Am sourcing a set of either coilys or adj shocks & springs. Hope you got them Geocool anti lift kits ready by then lol ;b

Peace All

From Joz

<_< oh my goodness, i didn't even notice i didn't post in this topic, silly moo iam.

Hey wow long descriptions on this page. I must say you have a clean engine, iam too ashamed to lift my bonnet up to take a photo :)

Seriously i always think red is a nice colour for some cars, especially looked after Red cars, those ones that don't start to go pink in the sun.

Those sub's are the cutest things i have ever seen, they are so tiny :lol: reminds me that i have to get an amp for mine to set it up, missing some bass in my tunes.

Looking good Joz. :lol: ;)

Finally got a nice comment from Shelly :lol:

!Its all GOOD!

Back to topic :lol:

I got the TRD leads off eBay, they crop up from time to time but I did pay a little too much in 70 beans + shipping from japan, beans is the most popular form of currency on UKSC lol!

I believe you can get them new from www.trdsales.com for a bit less, but I've no idea of the shipping from US so u would have to contact them ;b let me know how you get on, they got sum nice stuff on there!

I think the trd leads are a nice alternative to the red magnecor's that many people have ;b

I got my K&N performance panel air filter in the post today so I am gonna fit it tonight and hopefully see the difference ;b I'm off to work for now... <_<

Cant justify doing anything else to my car til lowering and adj panhard is sorted so I got a little wait til summer! Its gonna be worth it tho...

Laters :)

Peace

Joz