★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mini Update

I got a 2nd hand old style Apexi off tgtt.

It has the silver top rather than the black one you usually see with Apexi writing on it!

I have been interested in an induction kit for a long time so I decided to take some action :lol:!

Had to use two jubillee clips as the diameter of the air filter is bigger than the intake pipe, so I had to secure a reducer into the intake pipe itself and then secure the apexi onto the reducer! The air flow sensor is slapped inside the intake pipe itself, cant think of any better place for it because it is reading the air coming in directly from the air cone.

It only just about fits, I had to take off the strut brace to get it snug into the bottom half of the airbox as u can see in the pic, that bad boy aint gonna move!

Works a treat tho! This combined with the jdm mani makes it feel like a different engine.

Much more pull than the k&n panel and is perfect for my style of driving, it pulls all the way to the higher speeds say 70-80mph at just over 5000rpm but thats great for a 1.3 n/a street car honestly, any faster you will need a longer stretch of road.

With the k&n panel filter, performance was a little better but the acceleration altho high was a little emptier in terms of pulling strength.

I have tested the Apexi at day and at night.

Night driving is much better, but in the day it is fine also.

As for the heat soak issue, it is hardly noticeable and the Apexi still pulls the car fine.

Exhaust is much louder and deeper tho, so noticeable that its hard now to hear the jdm mani and the apexi sucking in air. I reckon a little more fuel is consumed but that is a small sacrifice for pure unadulterated pulling power and makes the n/a starlet much more fun to drive.

It does have a small flat spot at the early rpms in 2nd gear but after that you're flying with a huge smile on your face lol! I tried a cheaper smaller air cone my mate had with the built in heat shield around it, it worked well because it got going straight away with hardly any initial flatspot but it doesnt compare to the fuller pull of the apexi and had less area for sucking in air as it was smaller.

I am keeping it in for the moment, and will change back to the k&n panel filter for mot purposes. Sorry bout that Wings but looks like Im keepin it ;b They are cheap enough tho off eBay! Well done for getting a nice example jdm mani by the way! Good Hunting!

I will replace it with a new apexi soon enough, but I wanted to try it out so badly I got it the next day in the post lol! More mini updates to come as stuff is still yet to arrive to me, and of course they are all part of my huge changes to the car!

So bottom line, thumbs up to the Apexi!

Worth a try at least once! Will make your n/a more fun to drive spiritedly and I felt more under control with this pulling power than empty fast acceleration as it is much more stable.

Feedback welcome as usual!

Thanks for reading!

Peace Out

Joz (King of UKSC long posts!)

Please Watch This Space...

Night driving is much better

Many things are better in the dark! :huh: , the night is full of cold dense air waiting to be eaten

Looks good dude, I see you kept the bottom of the airbox to aid in cold air feed

No worries on the filter I have plans of my own ;) , get the new one off toby, £80 instead of £110, fitting kit included, soon your'll havt two Apexi's I'll leave with this single word to muse upon, T-Junction :lol: ,........

Joz's Extreem Ep Update

SPLIT LIP

OK :o , I have been waiting for ages to change the front bottom end of my Starletto because she always looked so dull and awfully bare down below hehe :lol: . I was really impressed looking at the topics on front splitters/air dams and how much they transform the look of the standard ep91.

So... I decided on a front splitter and after scouring the net looking for something suitable and considering all types I came across something very tasty and very lippy :huh: !

91e9cdc2.jpg

She is colour coded to match my bumper, and at the same time I got my side mirrors done too (lovin them too!) And of course she was shined up real nice.

I am overally really happy with the job done and reckon it makes the front end have a lot more character ;) !

Feedback Welcome!

Peace Out

Joz

its a honda civic one. i know because i helped him choose it! as i was gonna use one on mine a while back.

looks ace joz!!! really does look good!

it actually looks even better than i imagined it!!

Rich.

its a honda civic one. i know because i helped him choose it! as i was gonna use one on mine a while back.

Lol, cheers for spilling the beans Rich mate ;b

Its a Honda Civic one, but the type is real easy to guess, I already gave u a clue...

Thanks for the positive comments, its hard to see but she is visibly split in the middle because the splitter was way to long, and altho it looks like half the job is done, it was apparently a tough job to get that bad boy to hold, this is my feeling of a 'split lip' look literally! Good is not a suitable word for this splitter tho... ;b

This is just a small image of an overall picture as I have much more plans for the car, I'm just waiting for it all to arrive hehehe...

Peace Out :lol:

Joz

I'll add some daytime pics I took today a little later!

Need to resize them, and I gotta start work now!

Came Out Really Nice!

Plz check back later!

& plz leave a comment if possible hehe...

Peace Out :lol:

Joz

Guest Enzo

sound mate, its always good reading all the updates you have donefor the car.

i have a few and as my digi cam is fixed ihave no excuseto get them fired up!!

that spliiter looks ni on identicaliffnot better then the tte version

good craic! :lol:

Awesome G mate!

Thanks for the positive comments!

Check this thread again later, will add some decent pics.

Look forward to seeing your pics too.

This is definitely my work in progress :huh:

I also got a C Pillar bar hooked up on the car today as well :lol:

I better get off to work before I get shouted at lol!

Laters

Peace Out

Joz