★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

Joz's K&N Panel Filter Feedback! :lol:

OK I'm back from my mates after fitting the K&N filter charger to my car and I am lost for words!!! Yea I drive my car at this time because I finish work after hours ;b

All I can say is it is a really huge improvement to the pulling power of the engine, tte zorst sounds a little deeper & louder & the jdm mani helps the car accelerate effortlessly and at a faster rate <_<

When I used to put the foot down it took a while to go up the revs and even at high revs (4500rpm+) the car was going up in speed but the strength of it felt really flat and kinda empty :)

After installing the k&n the car has totally changed with the car feeling like it has a little more power on the accelerator, I am laughing at what it would be like to have an apexi on!!! There is also a little more engine noise and the car is much happier this way for sure :lol:

I feel like Im driving a 1.4 at least :D

On the way back, some sporty black car decided to follow me for a 1/4 mile, no chance mate if he wanted to catch me at 98mph lol ;b Totally chuffed! 40 beans well spent!!! Get rid of that oem air filter if you got one, its not doin u any favours! ;)

Thanks for reading!

Peace Out B)

Joz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I'll be buying from america, item + postage + import tax + vat = me selling my body on streetcorners, I think the blue magnecor's from starletgtturbo.co.uk will have to do

The filter sounds good, but I'm gonna get the new mani before I buy one, just so I can appreciate it better (that and sorting the lights is being expensive!)

Wasup dude

Yea it would be safe to buy from starletgtturbo for your leads, can't lose there.

I just thought it would be informative to ask trd usa how much it would cost as the leads themselves are $90. Just for future reference... ;b I am a regular for buying little things like that overseas and you hardly get taxed for stuff from the US, normally from Japan.

As for the streetcorner thing, they don't cost that much, prob less than the magnecors ;b And yea, this can be an expensive hobby but very satisfying when its all said & done;b!

Fair play for wanting to get a jdm mani before getting a k&n or similar.

But I am really surprised how long I have lasted without one, I now seriously feel like I'm driving a proper 1.4 ;b

Boy are you going to appreciate changing the air filter. Its also much more satisfying if you have a backbox than the standard exhaust ;b Maybe add that to your list?...

I'll send u a pm;b

I am really annoyed that I have to work tonight and not be out there chilling out in the starlet ;b Can't really cruise in town as its chock-a-block fullo chavs and drunks lol!

Take it ez all

Peace Out

Joz

• 2 weeks later...

Hay

Got a few things done today!

Finally got the TRD sunstrip on!

Also got TRD radiator cap and billet TRD style oil cap & got those trd license plate screws ;b

Will get pics of those when its daytime ;b

Hope you like it!

Peace Out

Joz

Hey Phil

I'm sure this one might be OK, I hear that the MOT rules are that the strip is not allowed into the swept area of the blades by more than 10mm. The tip of the actual wiper units don't actually sweep, just the blades, and the tip is what covers the strip the most altho very little.

Will have to check this later, or get blades a couple of " shorter.

I'm not taking this off as I think its kickass ;b

Peace Out

Joz

Can't really cruise in town as its chock-a-block fullo chavs and drunks lol!
Time for a new mod then,....

cowcatcher.jpg

The new stuff looks good, glad to see it keeping moving

My uncles 110 has a sunstrip that is a mixture of solid stickers (center and ends) but it's transparent where the wiper arcs are, and goes an inch in (wipers into the sunstrip) so I guess it depends who's doing the paper work

Hey All

Thanks for the comments!

Everything's sound as.

Don't have MOT til October so can have it on for longer.

I hope to wrangle around it due to the wiper issue, I also believe Phil as well because its a solid sunstrip and I do know that many people have to take them off or get failed on them, but I have seen no mention of this in any MOT notes, see for yourself MOT Windscreen about any solid stickers only the fact that if it invades the area of the swept area by a certain mm.

I don't mind if Im right or wrong ;b, I'm heading up to the ex toyota garage this weekend so I will ask them what they think ;b

Funnily enough, I'm having a transparent decal on the rear windscreen, complete opposite to Phil.

Peace Out All

Your cars rule too ;b

Don't take it too seriously and enjoy life too ;b

Peace Out

Joz

@Wings, yes thats true but bear in mind that MOT over here is GOVERNMENT controlled, i.e. its not done in a local garage and is therefore ALOT more strict!!!! I paid £25 for the sunstrip off ebay which is y im not puttin it on only to have to rip it off 12months later, let us know wot the ex toyota boys have to say Joz.

Phil.

Yea MoT is stricter over here than in UK.

Wish we could just go to a local garage and get it passed...

What a load of BS ;b

Yea will surely let you know once I head up there.

For now enjoy the weather ;b

Peace Out

Joz

• 3 weeks later...

Mini Update of my Starletto!

Hay All!

Hope everyone is keepin well!

Its been a little while...

Mods Acheived!

OEM Reflective Side Indicator Units

TRD Licence Plate Screws

TRD Sunstrip

TRD Radiator Cap

TRD Billet Oil Filler Cap

Pics on latest page!

Mods In Progress!

:lol: U'll see in good time!

And a huge welcome to all the new members on the site!!!

Would be cool to hear from U's!

Peace Out

Joz

I like it.Very clean and tidy.Including the engine bay :lol:

Where did you get your trd quickshifter from mate? Get some roller bearings sorted for it too, Give it a nice smooth direct throw rather than the crap bushes that come installed.

Hay :lol:

Thanks as usual Geo! I try my best without overdoing it lol!

Hi Glanza_Ragger

I am waiting on the TRD Quickshift from a group buy on TGTT, a really good deal!

Soon as I get it, I will update the pics!

TRD Quickshift Group Buy

As for the bearing bushes I saw some on eBay but they say are for EP82, might go for them anyway, I am sure they are the same type used with the EP91.

Bearing Bush Set

Let me know what you think...

I take it you already have a quickshift from experience?

Cheers for the positive comments, keeps me focused!!! lol

I will check out your ride sometime and give ya some honest comments!

Hear from ya soon

Peace Out

Joz

I had one on my saxo.

BUT im after getting one for my ep along with the bearing set.

Yeah i just had a look on ebay and that bearing set should be identical to the ep91 set. practically the same so.

But yeah you do get a nice smooth shift, and if you trackday the starlet youll definately notice a diference in shifts, especially going up and down through the gears so much.

Sound as Craig!

I will prob get that bush set off eBay unless u can recommend a better place to get a set?

If you are after a quickshift, the group buy on ttgt is the best you will get for the TRD one. Put your name down for the next group buy if you want one, guess it depends if you got other things planned?

Nice talking to ya man!

Give us a shout whenever!

Peace Out

Joz

Quickshift is on my list can't get the TRD one right now, probably get the one of starletturbo at some point

I will prob get that bush set off eBay unless you can recommend a better place to get a set?

Ditto!

Still trying to find me that mani!

Hay :lol:

Wings, good luck with the mani hunting, Im really looking forward to the quickshift, im sure you will get one eventually too, catch up ;b at least your getting the nice engine bits!

Glanza_Ragger good luck with fitting your decat pipe and with saving for your FMIC, it will be worth it Im sure! I am saving for suspension at the moment ;b

Thanks for everybodys comments!

Mucho Appreciated!

If we havent spoken before please feel free to leave a comment if you have read my thread, that would be cool ;b

Keep the UKSC rolling!

Just finished work, gonna chill...

Peace Out

Joz

Good stuff joz, What suspension setup you getting?

Im after some coilovers in the near future.The uprated springs/dampers atm jus dont cut it round corners lol its gone from feeling like a boat round corners to feeling more like a go kart with no travel.