★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

Hi Guys

Thanks for the good feedback!

A soft ride needs bouncy suspension a firm ride needs hard suspension, that I know, I'm just bearing in mind that whatever I do, it's still the daily driver so I don't want it to be completly evil to my backside, the panhard rod is defo for any big drop as you say

Forgot to mention that coilovers were designed for speed and only come into their own when driven at a certain speed and over. The way my Tanabes are designed are a happy medium as they cater for both the track and the road, some coilovers are made purely for the track hence ultra hard. My car is a daily driver too mate and I understand your concern, but once you get up there in the rev range and going at 50-60mph+ you will forget everything :p As for the panhard rod it is basically essential if you are getting you car lowered because the more lower you low your starlet the more the axle gets pushed in, the panhard rod counteracts this by pushing it out level, check out the vid again and you will understand RSR Panhard Rod

The effects without changing your panhard rod is that your geometry will be very uneven and more than likely one side will scrub and you could be drifting either side.

I had a hard time deciding whether it was worth it to get coilovers or just get lowering springs, but I have always wanted to do things properly hence I have benefitted from this, you do the maths ;b

Lol, your backside will be fine mate, worry more about your kidneys and your spine :D For all the suspension components to work to their potential you will need to push the car a little more than usual, then you will really feel the improvements made from each mod, if it were stock suspension you would not be too confident...

Yet another mini report, kills two birds with one stone!

Really loving it mate.Red is the best colour for a car EVER (imo) :p

Get that filter hung up or bolted down, if its just sitting there the underneath will rub away and you'll be left with a hole :p (happened on my gt)

Thanks mate, that really made my day lol! I can see your budget ep91 coming along nicely! Also glad to see you liked the twin cam ;b

Thing is the air filter wont budge from that spot mate, the actual filter element is not actually rubbing against anything and it doesnt move or vibrate hardly, the only thing touching the chassis is the top plastic cone part. It came with a bracket kit but was no good because the whole kit was designed for the jdm efi pipe which is slightly wider hence changed the position of the airfilter. Can't see it rubbing a hole thats all bro :p

Correct me if I'm wrong lol! Maybe explain further where the hole was made in your old filter from your gt!

doing great work there man good on ya, wish u hadnt knicked that o/s front strut tho lol

Lol Si mate, you insisting I thieved it flipmode squad stylee? :(:p:)

Only kidding mate, it was too good an opportunity to pass up for the cusco trio plus it was local so worked out well for both parties, anyhow you can easily score an os front brace from demontweeks or funkystyling so wats the prob bro :p Sounds like you want to score one cheap ;b I would too, bloody lovely they are ;b

Peace Out

Joz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon people waiting to hear your thoughts, not just the regular visitors of my extreme ep thread ;b

Don't just look at the pics and go lol!

Let me know what you think.

Peace Out

Joz

you know wat i think Joz man!!!!

The more i see of your car the more i love it :p

In that pic of the rear Tanabe, did i see some adjustment left :):p:p:p

I want one of them lower control arms they look cool :(

Keep up the good work man :p

Sparky

U know wat i think Joz man!!!!

The more i see of your car the more i love it :p

In that pic of the rear Tanabe, did i see some adjustment left :):p:p:p

I want one of them lower control arms they look cool :(

Keep up the good work man :p

Sparky

Thanks mate, lol guess I never need to ask whats on your mind lol!

Just trying to guess what your plans are, as your starlet got a bit damaged lately...

Good eyes mate, indeed there is still a little adjustment left at the rear ;b

Would be sweet to turn those bad boys down further, don't forget its the first time the car's been lowered ;b

Yea the lower control arm is a great yet troublesome add-on as it vibrates during slow manoevures and clips small kerbs and speed bumps, recommended for track use ;b

Will do mate, just waiting on a few more bits and pieces then I can sit back and enjoy until two months later when I will consider the next mods!

Its exciting experimenting with the suspension add ons, making your car feel solid and safer!

Thanks for reading bro, glad u liked the pics, keep us updated with your project too mate!

Peace Out

Joz

Thanks mate, lol guess I never need to ask whats on your mind lol!

Just trying to guess what your plans are, as your starlet got a bit damaged lately...

Good eyes mate, indeed there is still a little adjustment left at the rear ;b

Would be sweet to turn those bad boys down further, don't forget its the first time the car's been lowered ;b

Yea the lower control arm is a great yet troublesome add-on as it vibrates during slow manoevures and clips small kerbs and speed bumps, recommended for track use ;b

Will do mate, just waiting on a few more bits and pieces then I can sit back and enjoy until two months later when I will consider the next mods!

Its exciting experimenting with the suspension add ons, making your car feel solid and safer!

Thanks for reading bro, glad you liked the pics, keep us updated with your project too mate!

Peace Out

Joz

Yes mate mine has got damaged lately and there will be updates as soon as i know what is going on in my legal battle :)

I need to get my suspension sorted, anti lift plates, rear strut brace and panhard rod etc etc

Other things on my mind atm

Get it maxed out on the coilys Joz man!!!!!!!!

Yes mate mine has got damaged lately and there will be updates as soon as i know what is going on in my legal battle :)

I need to get my suspension sorted, anti lift plates, rear strut brace and panhard rod etc etc

Other things on my mind atm

Get it maxed out on the coilys Joz man!!!!!!!!

Hey man hope u get sorted soon!

Those add-ons u mentioned will greatly improve your car :p

Yea get her sorted first, not easy coping with un-needed bullshit like that...

I would max her out if I had 16's, way too low on 15"s mate, good for show but harsh for normal driving lol, can't say I wouldn't dare tho... 16"s might be next on the list... for me ideal height is so you just about can't see the arches ;b

Peace Out

Joz

Glad the pics are working ok now!

Still got a bit more test driving to do, but everything is looking and feeling very good at the moment! Even tho the car handles on rails, its up to the driver (me!) to make sure she stays on those rails ;b!

Got a new top speed last night lol! Basically off the clock! And I finally experienced fuel cut (rev limiter ;:), which I counteracted by changing to 5th ;b Thing is the starlet is not made for the straights, more for the twistys!

Doesnt matter anyway, my mate in his 1.4 civic couldnt catch up ;b

Loving the car, loving the UKSC!

Take care peeps!

Drive safe and have fun (when no-one is around lol)

Til the next mods arrive...

Peace Out

Joz

:) I meant rev limiter Ady lol!

It was spurn of the moment as the power on the pedal suddenly dropped when I was in 4th (rpm well over 6K), so had to switch to 5th! Boy does that starlet fly lol!

In my native cantonese it really is pronounced 'fuel cut' hence the typos ;b

Did u check out the latest pics mate? Let me know your technical pov :p

Peace Out

Joz

Indeed Wings mate! :)

I'm keeping my eyes out for more engine performance mods, but don't want any cold turkeys lol!

Ideally have my eyes set on 4efte and higher!

I know exactly what will squeeze more n/a power out of the 4efe without turboing but all in all prob not worth it for the sake of 100bhp! Money would be better spent on something else...

Still gonna enjoy her n/a goodness for the time being, feels good to cap off a few corsas and standard civics!

Peace Out

Joz

an na 5efe is probably the cheapest conversion you could ever do, even for a garage as its the same in almost every way bar a few sensors and plugging in the ecu.

pep that up abit with a few minor na mods and six speed then your car would be the ultimate road slag,

i take it the honda 1.4 is the 75 bhp model,

my ex had the 90hp model and it was rapid for what it was and loved revs!!

an na 5efe is probably the cheapest conversion you could ever do, even for a garage as its the same in almost every way bar a few sensors and plugging in the ecu.

Totally G mate, but for a little extra, 4efte could be on the cards! Not dissing the 5efe of course as I would love to have it too and defo the least costing engine upgrade!

pep that up abit with a few minor na mods and six speed then your car would be the ultimate road slag,

Yea man for sure if I could source the 6 speed I want, not the one Andrew is offering ;b

I know the minor n/a mods your talking about as we had a chat before!

Might give u a shout on the dog and bone soon bro if your free lol!

i take it the honda 1.4 is the 75 bhp model,

Yes it is, the lowest model civic, still a decent enough car tho!

Peace Out

Joz

Not much point in bigger fuel injectors/pumps without more air (turbo etc), a RRFR would perhaps make the acceleration a bit more perky (would it on an N/A?), I can't think of much more, but then I'm still learning

How about dropping in an 5E-FHE and turboing that? (or a 5E-FE with forgies and 4E-FTE cams and such)

I'm very interested,......

Not much point in bigger fuel injectors/pumps without more air (turbo etc), a RRFR would perhaps make the acceleration a bit more perky (would it on an N/A?), I can't think of much more, but then I'm still learning

How about dropping in an 5E-FHE and turboing that? (or a 5E-FE with forgies and 4E-FTE cams and such)

I'm very interested,......

Haha, jumping ahead as usual Wings :)

Just kidding, maybe we should move this conversation to the Technical section :p

Peace Out

Joz

Looks alot better now. Handling will be awesome with the coilovers, i fukking love mine. Good fun in the rain :p

I would still say it needs to be a bit lower but certainly better than it was before.

If i'm being picky, I dont really like the style of the wheels, dont suit very well in my opinion. 15's are definately the best choice though. Also, the seat covers/headrest things are just plain cheesy :)

Good work. :p

Thanks Wylo mate!

Love a bit of honest crtiticism there otherwise my work would never get done properly lol :lol!

Indeed 15"s are the ideal size for performance, as for the design I never thought I would get this far with the car tbh so chose something lowkey as u can see with a low profile tyre package! Of course some new alloys will be on the cards later on, but the ones I have on now are more than ample and are there to be abused! mwhahahaha! Bet you can't abuse your Enkeis!!!

We all need a bit of cheese mate (cheese please) lol, yea guess they are the one downpoint (I like em anyway)! but they will do the job til I get some nice buckets for sure! Cmon u picky git :p , the trd headrest are fine, gives your head more support lol they are the stop gap between getting buckets ok! :)

Defo get her lower soon!

Thanks for your comments dude! Will surely keep up the good work! Same to you bro!

Peace Out

Joz

haha lookin good joz mate lovin da work.

Thanks Eric, glad u like it mate, but its nowhere near finished lol! I really like your tacho mate, nice and tidy, unlike my 10Krpm monster lol! ;b

can i ask what measurements for the fitting front splitters are reasonable? because i saw a really nice one and might have a go a it.

Wish I could be more helpful mate, but I didnt do any of the work myself, had someone else do it...

Altho I can tell you that whatever splitter u buy, you will more than likely have to cut it either in half or trim some off the sides as it will be too long as our cars are quite short in width. If you have someone in your town who does body bits painting and fitting etc for a good price, thats the place to get it done, unless u feel confident urself ;b Also the front splitter will need to overlap the front bumper a good bit at the top so that it has enough support to stay on, hope u understand that lol! Mine would be even lower if it was just hanging on the edge, but thats not really the way to do it.

You will love your car more once u have one wink wink!

Check back for more updates soon...

Peace Out Bro

Joz

• 2 weeks later...