★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rich mate B) !

I'm glad too lol B) !

Hope you liked the pic altho photos never do a car justice :D

Still on the quest for the red brake bulbs lol!

Check back soon for yet more updates :D

Peace Out

Joz

Looking good Joz Man!!!!!

Them wheels have grown on me now uv lowered it!!!! ;p

Its not too low though would have to see in real life i spose ;p

Keep up the good modding

Sparky

Make that pic your desktop for a few days :D (jk)

Don't be cheeky or I may just come over in the night and 'borrow' the real thing for the weekend, not like you need it then is it? :D

( :D I'm envious of your crystal lights and trd oil cap B) )

You wanna swap, just let me know

Lookin forward to your next update B) !

Me too B) saying that I should update my car thread to show off the new shiny oil cap!

Lol You're a barrel of fun mate :D !!!

Nice one!

Think of weekends as her resting period...

You wanna swap mate? lol I was thinking of selling up but then thought nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much to give up, then what, get a glanza and pay 6x insurance, would be a killa!

Any updates are good man, bet u can't wait to get the mani on!

Good luck with future modding bro B) !

Peace Out

Joz

p.s more pics to come soon... B)

Got hold of some Cusco bars for the EP91 today still in packaging and cusco cardboard box! These deals are just too good to turn down especially when you can go collect them yourself! B)

Cucso OS Front Strut Brace B)

Cucso OS Rear Strut Brace B)

Cucso Front Lower Control Arm Brace :D

Also have a Cusco BMCS waiting to go on to improve the brakes! B)

Better get this end of year project finished first before I get to try this little lot out on the twistys! :D

Also got hold of some red led bulbs for my rear glanza clusters, can't wait to be road legal at night again lol! B)

Stil ain't had time to write my review on the coilovers experience so watch this space...

Tasty pics to come real soon, til then take care peeps! :D

Peace Out

Joz

Hate to be a bum, but I seem to remember reading somewhere the lower arms might not fit the NA's they didn't have some holes or bolts the Glanza did, not checked myself so hope I'm wrong, your rides gonna be more rigid than a very rigid thing indeed, don't forget we'll be needing a second write to explain how all that cusco gear affect handling,....

Can't wait to what those rearlights look like now! :D

Guest Enzo

im starting to get jelouse too, your car is getting sorted at a rapid rate :D

especialy the suspension!!!

once all that little lot is on ull feel like schuemaker

im gona have to pull my finger out and learn to stop abusing mine, lol

Hi All

Thanks for the positive comments.

No need to be jealous ;b if you're gonna do something might as well do it right B) Its all in the Starlet Spirit!

Car is progressing at a rapid rate due to the opportunities that have come my way for parts, so had to get in there as the time was right rather than pay more later on!

I am all partied out if that makes u feel any better lol! B)

No more spending the beans on EP91 parts til september time! B)

Also need to start enjoying her more as I don't get out in her enough (don't want to boost up the mileage too much lol!) ...

Will do my best to write a few honest reports when I possibly can. :D

All she needs now is to get the cusco bits fitted and a nice service! :D

Forgot to say I got hold of some Infinity 9613i 6x9's so I can get to the groove whist flying round the twistys (in the post) ;b Rich if you're reading this, do u rate these 6x9s?

4efe specific apexi kit is also installed so will post some info on that too lol!

The cusco lower arm bar should hopefully fit (fingers crossed) but I have a reliable source to ask about this so I will let u's know about that even before its fitted :D

Take care people

Thanks for the support, I lend mine to you as well lol!

Pics soon (promise lol)

(your up late G lol, are u busy making those anti lift kits or sumthin hehehe!)

(Maybe I should be a mod lol, I am the only one on most of the early hours *yawns* lol)

Peace Out B)

Joz

Starletto Extreme Ep Update

Suspension Bros. Melee Part 2

Updated Starletto Engine Bay with Cusco OS Front Strut Brace

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Sta...oz/25f574c4.jpg

Apexi Direct Cold Air Feed 1

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Sta...oz/bbb2b40f.jpg

Apexi Direct Cold Air Feed 2

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Sta...oz/DSC02682.jpg

Updated Starletto Rear Quarter with Cusco OS Rear Strut Brace & ElSport C Pillar Bar

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Sta...oz/5525b195.jpg

Peace Out

Joz

Thanx for your supportive comments Shell :)

Pics work ok for me...

I try my best :p Yea she handles like a super mario kart like I said ;b

Now with added brake power too, very firm feeling on the pedal!

The feeling of the car still has small traces of stock comfort, hard to explain but hey...

The Tanabe coilovers were designed to be lowered to the max and still retain certain elements of comfort (as long as you dont purposely go over a pothole)

Look forward to more exciting developments soon!

For now people, enjoy the pics and creativity involved with Starletto!

Comments & Questions always welcome!

Reviews will come later on the parts I got installed but for now, pictures paint a thousand words!

I will be test driving this baby for a while to get the best out of her, after all its the driver that controls the starlet not vice versa!

But let me tell ya, if its control and response you want over comfort, its well worth the beans upgrading your starlet alright ;b Most frightening thing is there is still room for improvement ;b

The Cusco front lower arm bar is not there to look good unfortunately, it is the component most closest to the road so it will defo get scraped and hit from underneath from speed bumps and even minor kerbs as it sits so low, not for the faint hearted... but makes your car feel even better for real time accurate steering and extra front support!

Peace Out :p

Joz

Guest Enzo

yea man im totlay hearing what your saying jozman,

liking all the pics you have there, the car is also looking alot more purpose full,

have you thought about cutting the bottom spar out of the top grill,

only a five minuite job and makes the front look better,

what do you think?

Hey G

Glad u liked the pics man, not bad taken from a w800i ;b

Sure comes in handy! U can now see much more progress going on and I can finally express what I want say in pics ;b

Yea Im sure u understand wat I was sayin about the experiences and concepts of certain components so far ;b

Just the tip of the iceberg tho...

As for the front spar I will consider it the next time I decide to do some body mods, its all about time and money unfortunately, a bit like everything.

But its nice to try and get the most from what u've already got sometimes ... :)

Keep those comments coming people, I want to hear wot u got 2 say ;b

Peace Out

Joz

When does it stop being a car, and become a toy! :)

Glad to see all that money's going on useful things and not fibreglass!

I'll be keeping an eye on you and your Tanabe's if they handle well, but are still comfortable, they'll be the type I want

Hi Wings :p

When does it stop being a car, and become a toy!

Hence the term Toymota lol!

Glad to see all that money's going on useful things and not fibreglass!

Yea sometimes better to go with function than fashion, but don't get me wrong I like subtle looking kits and decals, hence why I went for my front splitter and tte spoiler!

I'll be keeping an eye on you and your Tanabe's if they handle well, but are still comfortable, they'll be the type I want

Its an eye for an eye unfortunately, altho the tanabes retain certain comfort, they are a set spring rate and don't have the option to adjust the damping (hardness/softness) however altho the spring rate is fairly hard, the ride is indeed bearable but you get the odd bounce because of the recoil of the coilovers going back up from the slightest of road unevenness which you will get used to. Town driving is a little more difficult but no probs after a short while, you will just feel those manhole covers etc at a slow speed (30mph). So don't take it literally that they will be really comfortable because they won't be but a happy medium and a small sacrifice in comfort for ultimate handling once your starlet gets up the rev range with a huge grin on your face along with other tasty mods!

Coilovers will never be 100% bump free and because you're closer to the road you will defo feel the impact of bumps etc about 5x more than stock) The Tanabes are height adjustable (25mm-100mm) and camber adjustable. The top pilliowball mounts are actually optional and would have cost extra if bought new.

You get what you pay for mate ;b I would recommend these for a happy medium, because they are JDM and the fact that they are not very common and cannot be bought new, and its not easy for me to be content believe that. So if you see these again on here or tgtt get them reserved or something, you won't look back, however you will benefit greatly from that panhard rod I showed in the pics. It means your wheel alignment will be better and you won't auto drift anywhere.

Think of this reply as a little mini report :)

Peace Out

Joz

A soft ride needs bouncy suspension a firm ride needs hard suspension, that I know, I'm just bearing in mind that whatever I do, it's still the daily driver so I don't want it to be completly evil to my backside, the panhard rod is defo for any big drop as you say