You say that but the experts seem to disagree. Regardless of how often you change your oil, it's always going to be better to run a higher quality oil for long periods of time, rather than a lower grade oil for any time at all. But by lower grade I'm talking Morrisons own oil or Car Lube or something similar.

For some of you, like Colin, a rebuild might just be one of those things and is second nature. But I'd prefer not to rebuild the engine at this stage. I've been using Magnetec but I think I'm going to bung that on, use Silkolene like I do on my bikes.

But from what I hear, 6 or 1 they're all the same.

Think that's a good bet ^ 5w40 you use mate or the 10w50?

"5W40 - Competition Fully Synthetic Triple Ester Nano Technology formulation. Suitable for fast road/street modified engines, race, rally, sprints and hill climbs. Ideal for engines with hydraulic tappets e.g. Ford Zetec.

10W50 - For race and rally engines, and especially suited to modified, high performance vehicles with or without turbochargers, for fast road/street modified engines and track day use. A performance alternative where the manufacturer specifies a 10w40."

Looks like decent stuff with proven results! £52.03 on Demon Tweeks atm too :)

Bret.

Edited by BJShipley

Millers again for me.

Go for the best oil you can afford is my advice. Some people like above don't like spending £50-£60+ on oil that ends up drained after a small amount of useage, however oil manufacturers spend millions, probably billions of £££ in R&D to give your engine less friction, more power, better lubrication, better fuel economy, better cooling properties blah blah the list goes on and on.

Mobil, Castrol Edge, Fuchs, Millers in that order :)