Robs Precision Boosted Track Build..She's for sale......

Looks super!

This is something I have also been thinking about for some time as the K1 generates alot of heat in the engine bay ("quit knicking all my ideas Phil" I hear you cry!!!)

Looks very smart bud and again, very inspirational! Keep it up!

Phil.

Haha, go for it! It does keep quite abit.

Thanks mate :)

I've seen pictures of the bay many times and it still amazes me still.

This build

This build

Cheers guys!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day on the car yesterday... Brake lines all fitted and bled up. Just awaiting some smaller p-clips. Rear arches under sealed and fuel lines being re-routed and p-clipped in.

Some pics :)

FFFB9D2F-2846-4B33-BB98-63A6EFDF0EB8.jpg

20FB24DD-4F63-4F96-A309-F0B70B8C9C6A.jpg

21F4991F-EE02-4533-848A-4F6F250CB6B9.jpg

Started tidying the inside up..

985F0919-C301-4804-9337-01075921AEDC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished all the above, MOT passed and a boosting video below. :)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bXaH1o4wk&feature=youtu.be

Few bits to sort then we'll pop a map on her.

Edited by RobSR

Good looking building :)

Fuelsystems inside of car is always scaring me, You ever thinked those if system fails or somebody hits car. And laws in Finland don't allow any cabin systems, must be outside of "firewall" must added, not so easy job on 3dr Starlet. But it's Your car, sorry for comment :)

Yea it's an interesting topic. A lot of regulations state with braided fuel lines they should be run through the cabin as they may get snagged on objects passing under the car as they are not a solid line.

All the lines are ptfe lined rather than rubber lined and meet the stated MSA regulation. For things like time attack is perfectly acceptable, regs just state a fireproof overall must be worn.

Edited by RobSR

Tut tut no speedo :p do u no roughly what length of battery wire u used and did u use the existing power wire in the bay and just added connections To the new wires

Yes the speedo converter decided to stop working on the way back, took it apart today and theres a small rubber drive belt inside that has broken..

Think it was 3 - 4m. used part of the original stuff and crimped together

Edited by RobSR

Oem Starlet fuel lines is enough for bigger power, only bigger/better pump, injectors and maybe fuel rail is needed, even normal pressure regulator is good enough for most of us. Other reasons are just for nice shiny race looking parts, my opinion just :)

loving this thread like Rob!! happy with the fuel setup? what advantages have you gained over stock/in tank setup? would love something like this.

Sorry bud missed this!

It was more future proofing, but one of the main reasons was that I used a ptfe braided line so I can run ethanol/methanol in the future. Standard starlet lines won't like that, and the shear extra volume you need of meth / eth over standard road fuel is massive so a large diameter line also helps with that. I could end up running 1000+cc injectors in a meth setup.

Edited by RobSR

What i like about the setup is the custom fuel pump holder. When done that way, you can increase the size of the hard lines that go through the top of the holder therefore increasing the size of the entire fuel supply lines to a true AN8. I have done the mod where i run a AN8 line & use the stock supply line for the return but it's not a true AN8 system as my custom line goes back to the stock AN6 sized fitting on the pump holder as well as the entry to the fuel rail, also AN6 sized. :sad:

Sorry bud missed this!

It was more future proofing, but one of the main reasons was that I used a ptfe braided line so I can run ethanol/methanol in the future. Standard starlet lines won't like that, and the shear extra volume you need of meth / eth over standard road fuel is massive so a large diameter line also helps with that. I could end up running 1000+cc injectors in a meth setup.

Ahhh sick, the dedication to design is really good man!

What i like about the setup is the custom fuel pump holder. When done that way, you can increase the size of the hard lines that go through the top of the holder therefore increasing the size of the entire fuel supply lines to a true AN8. I have done the mod where i run a AN8 line & use the stock supply line for the return but it's not a true AN8 system as my custom line goes back to the stock AN6 sized fitting on the pump holder as well as the entry to the fuel rail, also AN6 sized. :sad:

I see what you mean.. mine needed to be done this way as the fittings welded to the original tank hanger kept leaking. I should of got a few made up!

Ahhh sick, the dedication to design is really good man!

Cheers buddy :)

Sounds on song Rob!

Doesn't sound too laggy either!

Looking forward to seeing some figures and seeing how it behaves with some boost control!

Keep up the hard work!

Thanks Matt. Dunno its not great but I'm going to get a basic map on an emanage over the weekend just to continue testing the setup to make sure it works.

Inspirational build, the engine bay looks amazing!

Thanks mate :)

Might have missed it, and searching for ECU or Management yields bugger all..

What you going to be using to run this? Haltech with flex??

Im going to get a basic emanage map on it over the weekend to make sure its all working, but then yes standalone with flex, not haltech tho.

The plan is if i can hit a sub 1.50 round cadwell when i put some k-sports on it with a diff and a new suspension setup ill take it off the road again and build it for the FWD series of Time Attack. Winning car last weekend fwd was a 1.39 basically lol. Don't think sub 1.50 will be too hard with the weight its at even with a standard lump.

Edited by RobSR

Looking good matey. Were you with simon last weekend at cadwell?

Im hoping to do a round of time attack. Def going to book a trackday at cadwell tho. What type of management are you going for?

Looking good matey. Were you with simon last weekend at cadwell?

Im hoping to do a round of time attack. Def going to book a trackday at cadwell tho. What type of management are you going for?

I was mate, you were chatting away about EVO's so I left you too it haha!

Just putting in an emanage but we'll be going standalone when the forgie goes in. :)

I'm up for Cadwell. I've got a busy may/June/July so I'm thinking August time as I'll have a new setup by then too.

--

Got the Glanza on the dyno thanks to Mike and Nick @ Tuning Developments. Just mapping up to the limits of the standard engine making sure the new fuel system is working. Its so loud you can't even really here the screamer open haha.

Pulled 235@ 0.9 bar and 245 @ 1.0 bar on their Dyno Dynamics 'heartbreaker' dyno. Happy with the numbers seeing as the turbo isn't even really in its efficiency range yet.... Going to collect her tomorrow :)

Edited by RobSR

Thanks mate. She's abit of a lag monster supposedly. Similar to GT30 spool but that was expected from the turbo.

It'll probably be too big for the majority of track work so will look to downsize in the future. Will have to see...