Robs Precision Boosted Track Build..She's for sale......

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice love the attention to detail on this!

Stunning.

End of.

Thanks guys!

Started sorting the idle out - Still a little high in the vid but now sits at a happy 1k rpm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqCCd3G7Nw&feature=youtu.be

And some more pics lol! One being the state of the main 100A fuse. Yes that was all that was left.

21853500943_46481d4e3a_c.jpgIMG_2491 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

21853500323_460be15687_c.jpgIMG_2501 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

22287879339_959213b5df_c.jpgIMG_2502 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Edited by RobSR

Thanks guys! 

Started sorting the idle out - Still a little high in the vid but now sits at a happy 1k rpm.

And some more pics lol! One being the state of the main 100A fuse. Yes that was all that was left.

Posted ImageIMG_2491 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Posted ImageIMG_2501 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Posted ImageIMG_2502 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Seen a picture of your bay on Instagram earlier... I can't get enough of it :wub:

Perfectest starlet engine bay bro. Only comparable to the WEPR EP82 engine bay (for E engines that is)....... :p

1) Rotate those darned injectors.........even cleaner look

2) That battery tray can be removed......non functional anyway

3) Those leftover holes in the bay could have been filled out when the engine was out but.....meh :p

Good goin mate :thumbsup:

Perfectest starlet engine bay bro. Only comparable to the WEPR EP82 engine bay (for E engines that is)....... :p

1) Rotate those darned injectors.........even cleaner look

2) That battery tray can be removed......non functional anyway

3) Those leftover holes in the bay could have been filled out when the engine was out but.....meh :p

Good goin mate :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Haven't rotated the injectors as the plugs would hit the fuel return with how I've p-clipped it to the inlet, at the end of the day its not been built to be a show car hence some of the holes still being left. Not sure what to do with the battery tray yet, might keep it as was going to mount a catch can to it. If not ill remove it.

Where did you get the single core wire to run up the wheel arch? Need a role of quality cable yours looks very smart serious build

Cheers mate, PM me and ill see if i can find the link.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been having some fun/issues with my fuel system.

Where I've had the fittings welded on to the top of the tank, they just aren't seating correctly even after a couple of re-welds due to it being a plated material.

So what I've decided to do is start making a new fuel pump hanger out of stainless, and then ill be able to weld the fittings to the take off plate vertically and weld it from both sides. I.e no leaks. Couple of pics stripping a hanger and template for the new top plate.

This is whats currently causing the issue.

19543750519_7bfa8157f8_z.jpgIMG_1931 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

23193016586_e839964354_c.jpgIMG_2635 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

22923314110_28ef2f029d_c.jpgIMG_2632 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Edited by RobSR

Stunning!

Thanks mate :)

Yours is too - wanna paint mine haha?

Been speaking to UKSO's resident fabricator and we've come up with a plan for the fuel setup so should have an update on that in the next week or two.

:crazy:

:D :D

Not loads has been happening recently as still sorting the fuel setup out, should of just stuck with the standard setup haha. There was a reason behind it though..

Ran the vac line from the Tial to the turbo, tried to keep it tidy and out of the way.

22938202333_7335cbac7c_c.jpgIMG_2686 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

23565279265_3623499f32_c.jpgIMG_2687 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

She was also periodically being a little pig to turn over and i put it down to the lack of ground from the box to the chassis after i moved the battery. Made a ground up and now its all sorted.

23456748552_a4f277d952_c.jpgIMG_2688 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Finished some more grounds on the battery too:

23269555000_832dc91aa2_c.jpgIMG_2690 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Thanks mate :)

Yours is too - wanna paint mine haha?

Been speaking to UKSO's resident fabricator and we've come up with a plan for the fuel setup so should have an update on that in the next week or two.

Wow thanks man i appriciate that! :) id love too be ace! :)