Robs Precision Boosted Track Build..She's for sale......

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate, it's Nissan Atomic gold. Lovely paint, massively expensive tho.. I found that out after id already ordered it haha. It's the best gold I've seen by far however.

Edited by RobSR

Ive not painted the rail as if a spec of fuel gets on it it'll just react and look horrible. I am going to go over it with some Autosol tho.

A big one :) Its just a stop gap until its forged, its not whats going to be on there for ever.

In time it'll have a GT28** or a PTE BB one.

Ive not painted the rail as if a spec of fuel gets on it it'll just react and look horrible. I am going to go over it with some Autosol tho.

A big one :) Its just a stop gap until its forged, its not whats going to be on there for ever.

In time it'll have a GT28** or a PTE BB one.

fair enough. Also, rotate those darn injectors, re-route the wireloom behind the manifold & get rid of that ugly lookin wireloom housing (plastic piece) that goes between the tappets cover & the fuel rail. Much cleaner look. Jus sayin. :thumbsup:

That gold tho... :p:p:p:p:p

Edited by jiggaman_16

Yea I've been meaning to do that for a while..

Supposedly the turbo has now been made and left the factory, on its way to my contact in America today, to then be posted out to me later :)

Carried on doing some bits and pieces, progress slowed down knowing that the turbo wasn't going to turn up in time for japfest, but I've now realised JAE isn't that far away so thats now the next rush, i can only go on the sat night / sunday due to work so we'll see what happens. Turbos still sitting in customs which is frustrating.

Got one of the boys at work to do the front wheel bearings at work today so thats sorted. Ive carried on doing some wiring, the last bits and pieces, extending the engine bay loom for the new fusebox location and relocating the battery to the boot.

Couple of pointless pics :)

Main power and fusebox wires to extended (ordered some hydraulic crimpers so i can do it properly!)

20499559870_4cd0d56992_z.jpgIMG_2127 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Standard black wire/heat shrink combo for the multi plug.

20661289396_aa775ecbd2_z.jpgIMG_2129 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Basically got the engine loom done this evening bar one wire as my supplier sent a 6 core wire not a single core!!!!! =@

Under the heat shrink the main power cable has a removable join so it can be undone if necessary, properly crimped ends and then all wrapped up etc.

20095098524_9b45cee21c_z.jpgIMG_2134 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

20717690545_48a3515c65_z.jpgIMG_2135 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

20530931949_fec30397d8_z.jpgIMG_2136 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

20529697728_024d50e94f_z.jpgIMG_2137 by Rob Fisher, on Flickr