Robs Precision Boosted Track Build..She's for sale......

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bud! Haha this is giving me enough grief let alone doing another! aswell as that i spent yesterday fitting a hybrid and an FMIC to a mates so wasn't really in the mood to work on mine today.

Got abit done however, got the majority of the sound deadening off the firewall, and started drilling some holes for the fuel feed/return AN- lines to go through. Relative success bar a small patch of discoloured paint in the bay as it got rather hot.

Went to do some more on the power steering and toyota the bastards have made one of the unions in the stupidest sizes ever (m17) which i can't get an an fitting for. So back to the drawing bored on that - I'm thinking i may take the rack off and get it tapped to an M18 thread.

Edited by RobSR

Cheers mate! I did look on there site but no joy.. Will try and call them tomorrow.

Yeah theres a lady there called faye who will be able to help or advise.bfingers cross dude

Cheers mate, still no luck with these fittings so think the rack is going to come off! Effffforttttt.

I will of course put some pics up when I have it rob, just a custom manifold at the moment, will spec the turbo myself down the line. :)

Cracked on with this yesterday. Doesn't look like it but got quite a lot done!

Arches all undersealed with new brake lines being ran, still need to make a small section up for the fronts and order an adjustable bias valve.

Decided to tackle the valve stem oil seals, didnt really want to take the head off as i live by the 'if it works don't disturb it' and did it with the head on, using a compressor to pressurise the cylinder to hold the valves closed - all worked fine until a collet popped off and fell down an oil gallery into the sump, so that then had to come off. Got there in the end, not too hard to do - just abit of a fiddle.

Started building the engine back up with a new belt, pump and half of the timing belt cover painted in a rarther nice Nissan Atomic Gold. Paint is stupidly expensive mind.

Some pics :)

17375402382_563a6e0f66_b.jpgIMG_1241 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17189567968_c9dd5f1c5e_b.jpgIMG_1243 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17377372275_8e1a33e75d_b.jpgIMG_1244 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17169898867_e43307afd6_b.jpgIMG_1245 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17191135019_36f58572e2_b.jpgIMG_1247 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17351401176_310d5db32f_b.jpgIMG_1248 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17189783500_b596b0dab7_b.jpgIMG_1250 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17189566498_0661e12461_b.jpgIMG_1251 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17191134169_70f2acc755_b.jpgIMG_1252 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17375400392_c5f22a29cb_b.jpgIMG_1254 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17377370745_1f875631a1_b.jpgIMG_1256 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

16757074373_921d7042f5_b.jpgIMG_1259 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17189782240_7f66f7f711_b.jpgIMG_1260 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

16754831494_0091603399_b.jpgIMG_1263 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

Did abit more this afternoon..

Made some brake line so the fronts are done. Now just need to do the rears which I'm running through the car to incorporate a adjustable bias valve. Gave the head a lick of silver too!

16762391713_00c49ceb89_c.jpgIMG_1265 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

17382334501_f2b0586e63_c.jpgIMG_1266 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

16762391223_07beee0526_c.jpgIMG_1268 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

looks good mate. the bais valve in a nice handy wee addition mines up in the bay which is a pain but i was to lazy to re-run all the lines ha! what was the leakage like using the compressor? am doing my stem seals next week with the head on but only have a small compressor not sure if i should stick with the rope?

My compressors pretty large so it was fine. My mate did his on his Astra with a tiny compressor and was fine again so I'm sure you won't have any issues.

I was gonna try and do a guide but after the collet falling into the sump i got frustrated and just cracked on getting it done so the guide/tutorial took a back seat!

ahh thats sounds promising ill hopefully get away with using the compressor. ive bought a tool that was made for doing the valve stems this way and have a magnet to catch them but i think ill block all the oil ways to be safe i really cant be assed removing the sump ha!

Not a massive amount to update...refurb'd and painted the thermo housing and refitted that with a new thermostat, currently doing the same with the inlet manifold so that will be back on soon as I've ordered all new gaskets for that too.

My manifold plan has failed slightly, so just going with a nice wepr stainless 'godzilla' manifold. Should be done by the end of the month hopefully.

Still need to get the box painted too as thats the last piece i need to do before the lump can go back in... i keep putting it off tho as i know its going to be a pain!

Cheers bud.

Been speaking with HEL Performance and they've sorted me out with a custom bit of line for the rear brakes so that will hopefully be here soon, then the engine bay side of that will all be finished too.

Cheers mate! I do try :)

Brake line should be turning up tomoz all being well! Be interesting to see what they have made of it.

Also got another top timing belt cover so that can be painted in the nissan gold to match the lower part. Need to get this engine back in!!

HEL delivered the goods today. Very happy with their service / turn around time.

Even made it in gold to match the head cover with heat shrinked ends etc :)

17425305690_58bbf4aa62_z.jpghel by Rob Fisher, on Flickr

Edited by RobSR

Yup! Definitely going to be ordering some more when I've decided what bias valve etc I'm going to use.

I updated my list of things i need to get done / want to do and its about an A4 page long! :(:cray: Need to try and not be impatient!