http://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/toyota-starlet-glanza/1101697441

Hi guys, looking to buy another glanza again and I've viewed this a few months back and again last week to try an arrange a deal. I know it's overpriced but what's your opinions.. I've got him down quite a bit, originally it was up for 5300.. I offered him 4k, do you think I'm mad? It really is an exceptional glanza.

Thanks guys, I'm honestly stuck whether to buy it. In ways it will be worth more to myself as I know it's been well cared for. As he said it was off the road for ten years which he has proof of. I have been keeping in contact with him for a number of months and he was sticking at £4800.. I had originally offered 3800... I then went to view it for a second time and offered him 4k. He came down to 4100 but I left him with a 4k offer and said for him to let me know. My dad thinks I'm mad for paying that sort of money for a glanza but I have seen clean ones sell in England for in and around that money when they are oringinal.

Paid £2400 for mine original to only 1 UK owner for 7yr all mot that backs it up to 85000km when I got it 3 week ago, love it but it is auto lol for a manual like that yeah I would pay £5000 for it. Have you asked him why it has had a respray though?.

Edited by mart1

i think its a good deal at 4000 or there abouts its a very nice standerd Glanza in manual with really low miliage worth every penny.

The respray would not concern me atall. alot of stone chips and small scratches can happen in 50 thousand miles!! also you cant just paint a small area on a silver car without it looking silly. one mark on the rear quatre pannel for example would need the whole side respraying for it all to blend in. so just a few small marks around the body would need a full respray for it all to match correctly.

That's exactly what I was thinking Dale. As you can imagine the guy that owns it is a very fussy person lol, he's a middle aged man and can't see it ever been abused while in his care. He showed me the whole album of what was done to the car etc.. seemed to be into toyotas as he had an older corolla sitting also, not a ae86:( a lot of good comments on it so thank you. My dad was saying the same thing that if I bought it, it would be a car that you would keep, or at least for a long time and if you lost some money so what, think of the enjoyment etc. It's just I was looking one to possibly forge but if I bought this I may have to look into buying a cheaper one as I couldn't destroy it. Its to original to ruin.

good God thats the cleanest EP i've ever seen! and thats been hiding over here off the road for 10 years?

Always amazes me what is hiding in NI that neither Jay nor I know anything about lol!

£4k is alot, however, that looks superbly clean. If it was me buying that, I'm not sure I could bring myself to add anything other than Factory/TRD items lol. looks class, if you do get it, I hope to get a look round it at a meet sometime this year!

Phil.

ye there worth that all day long. there only 14" aswell so cheep tyres.

I have 14" aswell tyre's aint much cheaper than 16" lol

A cars only worth what somebody's willing to pay if it's the right car. I've seen it loads on here people putting thousands into forged builds and selling stupid quick price instead of waiting for a good buyer. I would rather buy a car that's been cherished for and well maintained or uber rare parts :)