JDMfreaks starlet to sr

thats dan tormeys cynos he owned my black starlet before me

yeah i live in ireland was born in uk though,, haha i was nearly getting the boat over for glanzajims starlet

Such a shame mate, would have definitely swapped you!:(
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good idea man they will look good :) nice clean and original :) polished wheels are a nightmare if you laquer them you never know when there gunna flake as laquer wont stick to bare metal n uf you keep them bare you have to constantly wax them or they will just corrode haha when you paint them tho make sure you etch primer them first as the paint will just flake off the bare metal other wise :)

ive decided gloss white im going to do the wheels same colour i painted the spoon str reps on first page. Iknow polished wheels are a nightmare to keep clean and unstained with rain,,laquer never takes to aluminium always flakes even when done 100% right,, Will be getting some proper alloy primer and a good few heavy coats aswell and a good roughing up of the wheels to give the primer something to grab too

• 2 weeks later...

right project has taken a bit of a turn for the worst car is starting to burn oil not a lot but on startup in morning is very blue rest of day seems fine apart from if your giving it a good rev then it will throw out the blue smoke

Its getting harder to get out of first gear and into second so im pressuming box is giving up as rest of gear seem fine

i can safely say im starting to lose interest in this car and dont know what to do with it i haven't the money to put an engine or gearbox into with my wedding coming up and in fairness i dont think it deserves one im going to take the alloys off and any of them other bits ive put into the car and see what they will give me in the breakers for it

Edited by JDMfreak

my car goes through a tank of oil every week unless I add additive so try that, usually makes a tank last for 3-4 weeks, until you get something more permanent sorted. and its very similar, quite blue when I turn her over first and then fine unless its revved up a bit.

im not sure what to do with the car th wheel i had planned on fitting to the car i may sell as i owe money to somone so car will have to roll on steelies for a while the oil burning situation is annoying me the most as i cant afford to keep topping it up and currentley has no (mot) nct or tax so im chancing using it i just dont have the money to do anything at the car currentley with no work and a wedding to pay for

so my only thing is scrap the car and use the funds on the wedding

last pic i'll probably post of this but here goes

20150328_124307_zpsfy6tvbx0.jpg

20150328_124250_zpsvkyfwkrj.jpg

20150328_124320_zpsopugbg8d.jpg

clocks i only fitted the other day

20150327_121109_zpsys8b4gtv.jpg

will be buying a new car soon prefeably another toyota glanza/or gt this i will leave at the back of house for now

last pic i'll probably post of this but here goes

20150328_124307_zpsfy6tvbx0.jpg

20150328_124250_zpsvkyfwkrj.jpg

20150328_124320_zpsopugbg8d.jpg

clocks i only fitted the other day

20150327_121109_zpsys8b4gtv.jpg

will be buying a new car soon prefeably another toyota glanza/or gt this i will leave at the back of house for now

How you fit clocks mate? Tired the other day didn't work

followed a guide on here on how to fit them depend though what year your car is mines a 96 so M L Reg tried it before with a 98 starlet and it didnt work best was to check is look at the guide and make sure you have the same colour wiring if you do your good to go

followed a guide on here on how to fit them depend though what year your car is mines a 96 so M L Reg tried it before with a 98 starlet and it didnt work best was to check is look at the guide and make sure you have the same colour wiring if you do your good to go

Cheers mate, mines a 96 as well