Military Support Starlet

For those of you that don't know me, i work at the Defence School of transport- the largest driving school in Europe. I work in the Quarter Master's department and basically our QM is leaving the army in a few weeks after 25 years service so he wanted a department photo shoot with some of our UOR vehicles before he leaves. I took the opportunity to sneak my car in before the shoot and get some pics hehe

This vehicle is a Mastiff 3, and they're bloody huge!

kegtbb.png

296f96e.jpg

14v5qgl.jpg

The vehicle on the left is a Wolfhound CIED (counter for improvised explosive devices) basically an armoured dog section.

w8s2ys.jpg

Not many people will have seen these unless they are military/ex military or have been to an army open day somewhere. they don't drive these on the road as they're literally too big!

Anyways i thought it was a cool opportunity to get some unique pics! makes my Advance look tiny!

Haha i'll make it my mission to get a photo of it next to all the vehicle variants we have here.

I've just been offered a sort of promotion- in a few weeks i'll be working with the bowman kit so i'll be spending a lot more time with the vehicles yay.

All our UOR kit is going off to different units around the country though (until shit goes down and we become a UOR unit again) so there will only be a handful of sandy vehicles and we will only be left with green fleet.

I already have the extra security clearance, I've worked with the bowman stuff before- just taking it out of the vehicles for it to be barcoded. I also deal with DII restricted computer kit so I'm cleared for that.

There were two foxhounds parked up arranged the same as the mastiffs in these pics but outside one of the hangers. I was so tempted but glad I didnt- a major general was visiting to say farewell to RAF 202 sqn E-flight so it wouldn't have been ideal to be having a wee photo shoot as he tips up haha