No room for air filter?

Whats yours solutions folks?

i seen a neat rubber band with mesh on ebay before.... but they are about any more.

Anyone know of anything suitable?

My topmounted turbo basically heads straight for the psteering pump/

and i want my PAS to stay, and ive no desire to start into sorting a Electronic PAS setup.

Phil

Just do what I did mesh up the turbo easy job and sounds super cool lol

Just do what I did mesh up the turbo easy job and sounds super cool lol

Thanks for reply,

yes i've done that before and will do again,

but im looking (if possible) somethign tidy/ready made.

its hard to explain but there was turbo mesh caps for turbos on ebay before. :(

Phil

Edited by Phil

Are you a man or mouse? Fuck the pas off

Haha, im a man who has spoke to enough folk without PAS in starlets that i have decided its necessary to continue enjoying driving my starlet for fun.

its not a track/sprint car only, and i cant be dealing with no PAS (at least not without a non PAS rack) which would have even longer travel lock to lock.

a good mesh solution is what im after.

and i may go sausage splasher again, but if anyone knows or supplies a good solution id love to hear of it.

i know that solutions were sold on ebay inside the last 6months.

Phil

yea to be honest i forgot to reconnect my electric pas pump after i rewired my fuse box and it was a cunt to drive around in. its back on now and makes the car so much more enjoyable.

i seen the things your talking about i was looking for one for mine before i ditched the pas but they didnt do one big enough for my turbo. from memory they where only state side. id your adamant on keeping the mechanical pas id say just grab a seive and go for that.

71E0FD74-B0D7-4C89-A135-04606E8A3429.jpg

this is my issue.

now clearly i didnt take this pic to show the problem, so not a great angle, but its close, real close.

I may have to go down the electronic PAS route as per shauns suggestion...

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/89820-swapping-out-the-stock-pas-pump-for-something-neater/

Phil

Edited by Phil

have you got any better picks of the room you have to offer? I may have a suggestion!

with a comment like that....

from you....

better pictures will surely be provided.

im home at 6pm, you will have a picture in this thread by 6.05pm

:)

Phil

I have the same issue Phil, just rebuilt mine and done the turbo etc at the same time, although I think mine may be even tighter :(.

I've run a gauze before over a td04 and I can't say I was happy when I pulled my intercooler cold side off and it was gritty in the pipe! Fine for keeping out leaves etc but dust is just a free for all. Like you I want the keep my power steering too. Only thought I had is building a mount for the pas pump to bolt where the AC compressor originally lived but not had a chance to get it on the ramp for a look yet.

Posted Image

with a comment like that....

from you....

better pictures will surely be provided.

im home at 6pm, you will have a picture in this thread by 6.05pm

:)

Phil

its almost 9pm phil poor show....poor show....

the best option is buy a bigger turbo :p