how long to remove engine from bay?

how long will it take me to remove the motor from the engine bay?

ive got tools and a crane so basically going to lift the lump out whole less mani, turbo and downpipe.

that way it would be a case of loosening the mounts and any connecting sensor wires/throttle cable then out she comes.

is it easier to disconnect gearbox and lift just lump out?

any ideas for a quick and smooth transition please comment :)

Cheers

Can be done in 10 mins if youve done a few before.

Disconnect wiring harness, intercooler pipe, power steering etc, undo mounts.

Its actually easier to drop the lot down as 1, leave the box attached to the engine. Use the crane to lower it onto a bit of wood, then lift the car up with the crane.

^ this is the best way to do it. You will be able to do it in a morning /afternoon

Im sure you'll get loads of people saying "yeaaaa can do it in 1hour mate" but if you haven't done it before take your time and you'll be fine.

Realistically it takes probably about 2 hours from start to engine out if you have done it a few times. I agree, take the engine out from underneath the car. Makes life so much easier.

I've done a few With and with out cranes and help. Jack the car up slide something under the engine so you can move it easy pallets the best but I've done it with some cardboard before. Undo all the wiring and then just disconnect all the pipes/exhaust get it as low to the deck as you can with access to the engine mount bolts. If it's miles off the deck attach the crane to the engine and lower to the pallet then use the crane to lift the bay clear. If it's pretty close to the deck you can just lift the car straight over it. Last one we done we lowered the car straight on the deck undone the mount bolts and then me and Paulsr basicaly just deadlifted the car from the lower slam panel while Daniel and Dave slide the engine out from under it on a peice of cardboard. We stripped the whole car to a bare shell and fitted all stock gear minus drive train in like 4 hours in The middle of a car park.

I've done a few With and with out cranes and help. Jack the car up slide something under the engine so you can move it easy pallets the best but I've done it with some cardboard before. Undo all the wiring and then just disconnect all the pipes/exhaust get it as low to the deck as you can with access to the engine mount bolts. If it's miles off the deck attach the crane to the engine and lower to the pallet then use the crane to lift the bay clear. If it's pretty close to the deck you can just lift the car straight over it. Last one we done we lowered the car straight on the deck undone the mount bolts and then me and Paulsr basicaly just deadlifted the car from the lower slam panel while Daniel and Dave slide the engine out from under it on a peice of cardboard. We stripped the whole car to a bare shell and fitted all stock gear minus drive train in like 4 hours in The middle of a car park.

That engine basically fell out haha

Aye and well seen you being the qualified mechanic sat inside the car removing the electronics ha

Well if you remember back i was hungover that day haha, plus whoever wired in the EMU and that other shit needed a slap!