I nearly got a subaru but then when i ran an insurance quote.. sky insurance said i had to be 25.

Im now stuck for a car..

I've seen 3 close to me.

Ep3 type r 80k miles red faded to fck...

£2,795

Vvti t sport corolla 1.8 116k FSH £1,650

And something what caught my eye. The rare 200+ model astra 2.0T FSH 61K miles £3,250 runs a z20ler.

These see 260ish with a map.

Im in love with type rs. But with 2 kids and 5 door i sway to the astra?

Help me my friends i dont want to regret what i get.

Thankyou 🙏

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what astra you are on about but my mate has a mk4 gsi, i freaking hate Vauxhalls but i cannot argue with how quick it is. 300bhp with a quaiffe & ad08rs and a 445bhp evo 9 only just creeps away from it and it sticks with the likes of C63 AMG's etc. They are quick cars.

It's the same with anything, he's given his a hard life for 3 years and it does have an ignition cut limiter.. Never had one problem.

Well it's the same with people saying Glanzas/GT's are too - they're not unreliable.. They are when in the hands of a retard. Much the same as Astras/anything.

Edited by RobSR

But the ones that kill turbo's etc probably have ignition cut and a hard life !

I had the car 4 months. I replaced the turbo twice for new vxr units. And that didn't have the hardest life, didn't drive it like a track car purely because it wouldn't corner. Was literally only straight pulls and crusing around that killed them.

Type R's are reliable as you can get. if you get a nice example it will literally go on forever, but they are a bit basic/racecar, not really a family car.

If you want comfort:reliability/room then id be looking at VAG stuff

Edited by Bussey

Im really fusy. I want a decent family car yeah but with also the power there hence why i see the astra, but i just dont know now. Im lost.

Surly type would be slower then 197 clio ?

Nah my clio 197 was the same speed as my mates cooper s 04 reg

Ive owned a Ep3 and now a TS...

TS is the better daily....

Also agree on Z20 vaux engines. Stay well away...

Okay i wont get the vauxhall!

Im abit yes and no on the t sports, how are they performance wise?

Would have to be a type r out of the above for me...the ep3 is a really capable car in the right hands, and can see really good gains with simple bolt ons, like exhaust mani cai. Then if you can afford to, hondata s300...and a map..that really brings them to life.

I used mine daily for about a year, and they re comfy cars, with plenty of space and quick enough for the street. Everyone has got them for a reason lol.

Type R all the way. Bullet proof motors that love high rpm usage. Where they lack mid-range they more than make up in the over rev. It only feels slower because you have to scream it for the power, but there is something nice about that. F0CB0229-3F10-46AD-A304-75EDFBB302E6_zps

My mate picked up this red one two weeks ago for 2K. 143'000 miles on the clock, sounds like it's done 20'000 and pulls like that as well. Just credit to Honda really, they know how to build a solid motor.

Oh and I disagree with 'lack of performance' comments above. If any of you's were at Japfest then you must have seen that Silver Type R round the track, for 200 bhp at the fly there wasn't a lot that could touch it. Bhp figures are just figures at the end of the day. But how these machines perform in the bends is another question entirely. The Type R I was watching was just able to hammer it through the bends.

Personally I'd say get a Toyota Starlet Gt Turbo, the power comes on sooner and they feel faster. But these Type R's are cars you can depend on. I wouldn't be put off by high mileage ones either. Provided it's been regularly serviced then they are good to go for many many miles.

Just my two pence.

Type r is a bit quicker. Stock for stock.

TS has much more creature comforts and much more comfortable to leave with every day.

The ep3 is soon firm as stock. My lowered TS is still a smoother ride then a stock ep3.

Brakes on TS are way better then the ep3 also.

It's down to this:

Ep3 bit more power. Sharper handling. Firmer. More mods and tuning potential.

TS. Touch slower. (Small). Better brakes. Softer and more comfortable. More comforts. Cheaper to service!!!! Rarer.