• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly biased but EP3 Type R, any day. I've owned mine for coming up to a year now and it's been utterly reliable other than maintenance. The power delivery as expected with a Honda with VTEC/i-VTEC is peaky but the combination of the K20A2 and the close ratio 6 speed is wonderful. As mentioned above they handle amazingly but this does sacrifice ride comfort day to day. They're not cheap cars to modify at all but then most N/A cars aren't.

As for practicality there's more space in the back of my EP3 than there is in my E90 325i and I use it for carrying things in the boot a lot more as the seats fold, also it's a 7th generation civic so it's massive inside anyway! As for creature comforts there are none, with Air Conditioning being a main option that cost £1000 when new and not a lot have it (mine doesn't anyway).

My advice would be drive both the T-sport and the Type R, we can talk all day on the internet about pros and cons and what's better at what but until you, the person who's choosing drives both to come up with a decision, advice here isn't the most useful thing!

Also a map and a decent exhaust system really wakes up the EP3 and makes it gain a lot more midrange punch (talking +35bhp over stock midrange with a similar increase in torque).

Alot of people backing both type r and the t sport, i really do want some power as of room for the kids. Im in love with ep3 type rs I've been in my mates and the power delivery is crazy. But i want something different to be honest. I also dont like the look of t sports really :/

Thats why i considerd the z20ler astra 5 door. 200hp. But i guess thats a no no and i must listen to all my friends on here as you know what your talking about more than me, and obvisouly dont want anything breakin down on me!

Shaffz i used talk you all time remember me? You got the grey bmw aint you?

Edited by GlanzaJim

ATYs are good cars. You ve got a family 4 door whip, and a potential track day car if you wanted to. My neighbour used to have one and i was quite surprised how quick they were and how well they handled when i went for a blast.

Edited by Djaniero

Jim I've got you on snapchat, I've still got the BMW but have an EP3 too :) Don't get an 8L/1st gen S3, I've driven mapped ones and my mates got an unmapped one and they're such boring cars to drive, they've offered to swap with my EP3 many times and yeah the quattro is great but they're so so boring.

Thats a catD bro. Wouldnt touch a cat car :/ i dunno all frustrating me feel like not having a car.

Only thing that lets it down but cat D could literally be a scratch that's been claimed for as far as I'm aware :)

James

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a zafira GSI, i never have luck mate. And always seem to buy cars with misfires...

Bmw 523

Clio 197

Zafira gsi

Glanza v

Civic

All had misfires. This zafira costing me £1000 getting all belts done and everything. Splutters in boost and also a very LOUD whining noise same note as engine. Sounds like a supercharger.

I ended up getting a zafira GSI, i never have luck mate. And always seem to buy cars with misfires...

Bmw 523

Clio 197

Zafira gsi

Glanza v

Civic

All had misfires. This zafira costing me £1000 getting all belts done and everything. Splutters in boost and also a very LOUD whining noise same note as engine. Sounds like a supercharger.

Z20LET......

You were warned :lol: