get engineers hydrolic hose in that size it will work but aint pritty its bendable so no need for silicone couplers tru every corner

you will only need 1 coupler to the tb !!! :)

Thanks colin! Will have a look round :)
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue i can see there is making a solid bracket to mount the charger to the engine with for obvious reasons it cant be mounted to the chassis.

Id be more inclinded to move the overflow bottle and flip it 180 degrees and mount it above the PS pump as making solid brackets will be much much easier as it wont be as far from the block, shorter mounting = sturdier mounting.

The biggest issue i can see there is making a solid bracket to mount the charger to the engine with for obvious reasons it cant be mounted to the chassis.

Id be more inclinded to move the overflow bottle and flip it 180 degrees and mount it above the PS pump as making solid brackets will be much much easier as it wont be as far from the block, shorter mounting = sturdier mounting.

The overflow bottle in that photo isn't actually connected so it won't be like that usually! But that's a very good idea! Thanks morgey

Just a suggestion guys i have looked at this before n always thought the best plan of action would be remove the air con (who needs it we have windows) use the air con pump pully and belt as there already there. Mount the turbo to the old a/c bracket relocate filter in the grill to avoid water intake. Then run an intercoler. Thoughts would be grate I'm just throwing an Idear in there on my brake so I haven't totally thought it threw so don't judge hahaha

Good luck x

Edit -:- damn auto correct.

Edited by Ep82gi

There's a point.. you will need an intercooler broski or by by engine

Why? Turbo won't be getting hot will it? Especially not if the superchargers only making like what....less that 0.5 bar?

Doesn't matter, it's not the exhaust that makes a turbo require an intercooler, it's the fact that any time you compress air you generate heat

Yeah but surely not at the mega low boost this will be making?

Not all superchargers need intercooling, although with that said the only ones I know of that don't need it are the Jackson Racing chargers, what is essentially something along the lines of a Rotrex here it will need cooling due to high rpm.

I was thinking about that, I am going to wait to see if this actually makes any power, I'm not to keen to go slapping a few hundred at a fmic and it doesn't actually need it haha :p I have thought about removing air con and fitting to where that pulley was actually,i may end up going that route we will see :)

Is it possible to just disconnect all the aircon stuff and leave it all in the car? and just use the pulley in the mean time so that if this project ends up being scrapped its all just threre to hook back up again?

Yeah you'll obviously need to re-gas it though lol. That's where I would mount it would be off the air con pulley.

The only thing is the aircon pulley is apart of one belt between the P/S and the crank. But i would need another belt running off the aircon to the shaft of the turbine. But if you remove the belt from the crank and P/S then the aircon wont spin :p

Those cars will have been designed without the need for intercooler. A stock starlet with will Def heat up more if you slap a turbo on it ( hence why glanza has intercooler standard) and even that gets pretty hot hence why most people change it out. no offence but this project seems to be more of a gamble every day. your plan is to get boost out a DIY supercharger so why go assumptions like " it will probably only make little if any boost so won't need a,b,c & d. Not hating Bro just think if your going to do something do it right the first time

Those cars will have been designed without the need for intercooler. A stock starlet with will Def heat up more if you slap a turbo on it ( hence why glanza has intercooler standard) and even that gets pretty hot hence why most people change it out. no offence but this project seems to be more of a gamble every day. your plan is to get boost out a DIY supercharger so why go assumptions like " it will probably only make little if any boost so won't need a,b,c & d. Not hating Bro just think if your going to do something do it right the first time

This whole thing is an experiment so im going to experiment while its here, We don't know what its going to do or what its going to need, Im doing this so other people know either yes it can be done or no might as well just do it how everyone else does it. I'm just doing something different :p If it turns out yes it actually makes boost and gets hot. Then its not the end of the world to just take the belt off till we get a intercooler or whatever :p I'm experimenting so everyone knows what is required and what isnt

might be a tip ?? ( that is if there is ) can an electric moter be used or aint there any that do 100k ???

probly not in 12v ha ha

if there was install would be soooo easy

We looked at that Colin :) as that is what me and my brother were going to do with his turbo to start with but there aren't any strong enough at 12v to spin that fast all the electric turbos that make power that people sell for just as much as a standard turbo setup use 3 battery's haha :p

What's the current like on those? It'd be a bit of a convoluted way of doing things but if you ran battery power through a chopper to switch to AC, then through a step up transformer with a 3:1 ratio you could triple the voltage by cutting the current by 2/3.