Fantastic

Yup wide spread appeal has to be how attainable the car spec is and how mouth-wateringly unattainable the track in your locality is!

Brilliant read and brilliant project

Phil

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Phil,

It's coming along nicely. Certainly don't need built engines and stand alone management to have fun in these cars though.

Cheers

Never a truer word said.... proper maintenance goes along way! This build alone is epic, throw in the mix your located in the motherland its even better :)

Keep us updated 😀

James

Thanks Phil,

It's coming along nicely. Certainly don't need built engines and stand alone management to have fun in these cars though.

Cheers

For sure man for sure!

Keep it up

And keep the pics coming and done footage too

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still been tinkering away with this when time permits.

The last track day the car seemed down on power, I initially thought it was just the warmer weather, but since discovered the blow off valve connection to the factory intake was leaking. This has been fixed up now.

I've also started cleaning up the interior, removing wiring and painting the interior.

thumb_IMG_6663_1024_zpscqr2i4fa.jpg

The car felt very balanced on the last outing and for the first time a little short of power (partly due to the leaking blow off valve). The Blitz K1-200v is back from a freshen up and ready to go on.

thumb_IMG_7898_1024_zpspsihmvvb.jpg

thumb_IMG_7899_1024_zpsmncmlc9w.jpg

I've also picked up a pair of 7" TC005 to go on the rear. The 7.5" front will run 215/50 A050 and 205/50 on the rear.

thumb_IMG_7431_1024_zps6dgfblwg.jpg

We are coming up to the "racing season" in Japan so I'll have some more track updates in the coming weeks/months.

Aiming to have before and after dyno results of the K1 also. Doesn't seem to be much confirmed information available.

I have graphs in my build thread and if you look in Hutchey's blue glanza build thread he has stock ct9 mapped at one bar. Power difference is not that much but the characteristics are very different. His is internal mine is external wastegate.

K1-200V has ben fitted and run up on the dyno for the first time.

The power results are only very slightly better, but makes much more torque.

I'm yet to check over it or drive it to see if there is something else restricting in (Exhaust, intake etc..)

Does anybody else have dyno charts of K1-200V?

New_zpsjryrkm8s.jpg