• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brakes still not on, waiting for a seal for the rear brakes. Hoping to have that done this week.

Changes since the last day were:

Toms intake fitted

Rear bumper trimmed

Rear Swaybar fitted

Fiberglass guards and bonnet fitted

And cooler temperature at the track today too.

A second hand Blitz turbo is still worth 90,000Y-100,000Y over here. Quite a lot when you consider a reasonable Starlet is only worth around 200,000Y.

To be honest I haven't come across many other Starlet's racing. This guy is apart of the same car club, so looking forward to finding out a bit more about the set-up.

12695425_962226967204219_656701581_o_zps

Looking good man!

A second hand Blitz turbo is still worth 90,000Y-100,000Y over here. Quite a lot when you consider a reasonable Starlet is only worth around 200,000Y.

To be honest I haven't come across many other Starlet's racing. This guy is apart of the same car club, so looking forward to finding out a bit more about the set-up.

Been in love with this GT for years now! I was following his Youtube channel and Carview blog, but there hasn't been any new material in a while

Quite a bit of aero work there. Any tsukuba times?

Update:

AE111 calipers (front)

New disks (front and back)
Project MU N1 Racing pads (front and back)

Back to the track for a testing session and bed them in.

A slight improvement on the best time to 1:07.5

image_zpsztiefyuq.jpeg

Edited by EP82 Touge
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

Carpet removed
Sound deadning removed
Lighter, lower seat rail installed
Gearbox oil changed
JDM-EP Spree-R fitted
Tom's grille and headlight duct painted

Back to the track. No improvement in time unfortunately, but I can't really compare as the track was damp and slippery with all cars a little off the pace.

image_zpssykvtjzo.jpeg
image_zpsofwlo2vm.jpeg
image_zpsjuobukqs.jpeg
image_zpstrwj3usi.jpeg

I think the wing is effective, in that it works. I really didn't expect any reduction in time until I get the front aero sorted to balance it out.

I did my quickest last sector, which makes sense with the wing helping around the last corner of Tsukuba.

The car felt more stable under brakes and around the higher speed corners. I did loose a little top speed down the track and noticed more understeer, but this could be a combination of pushing a little harder, tyres getting old/worn and also the track conditions on the day.