fellow starlet buddies help me please!

As i didnt take no notice i went a bought a GSI Zafira z20let.

First day picking it up it went tits up so i didnt give it back i thought stuff it ill fix it. So i spent £1,000 getting new pumps/belts/intercooler/relocation kit and so on.

But ever since buying the car its got a problem with boosting.

When its stone cold just started and you hit boost. (No i dont rag it) you can feel it push you in the seat. But as soon as the car hits the tempature, i give it some and it spools like a bitch but its trying to push you out the front window instead of putting you in the seat. Major boost problem. But when hitting 6k the boost comes back and goes like a rocket. I've had everything changed. No lights are up or anything.

2 things i discoverd today is the air flow mas sensor the reading is all over the place. And well the first 02 sensor is bouncing from 44-900s on the machine. Everything else is spot on. Its like when i come of a rounderbout in second and plant it nothing happend but loads spool then boom vtec. Something is working but not as it should? Or it doesnt like getting hot. I have been told may be the turbo but if it was surely it wouldnt boost how it does when cold and even work when hot.

Any help would be great.

Any names welcome for buying a LET 😂

None of them as of yet. But when i unplug the mass air flow it goes all lumpy. And i red that if it does that then the mass is fine and working. Clueless on what it could be.. boosting to the max but not going anywhere

Original parts. I know these engines dont like cheap shit lol. Yeah i did but we thought it was as easy as a coil pack or something

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how helpful this is but thought I'd give my two cents, have you checked for faults with the pedal test?

If you have a search for the Vauxhall forum they do a complete fault code list and how to do the pedal test, May just point you in the right direction.

You can do a maf calculation with the horse power, can't remember what it is but it will give you the max reading your maf should see under full load. With the front O2 sensor that should be switch constantly up and down from .5v if it's not switching you have problem. I would go round and check all the vac line and so on. And if you can. Try a maf off another car and if you do buy a buy a new one. Make sure if a proper Bosch one. Cheap one can cause problems!