• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update the thread :)

What i thought was a fuelling problem actually is worse :(

I have been told its either the piston rings or valve stem Seels,

I have come to notice the car is using a lot of oil and i mean a lot so what i thought was un burned fuel all over the back of the car I've been told its actually oil (lots of black specs on the rear of the car)

So im on the look for another engine and will update again when the the new engine goes in :) then i can finally start modding :D

Well its been an eventful day today :)

A good friend of mine has been good enough to get me an engine and fit it all for me so before i start i just want to say a massive thank you edd,

Okies well the engine is out and we think we know where oil has been going, it looks like its been going from the head gasket as the engine was covered in oil so we think its part leaking and part burning oil due to the smoke and soot coming out the exhaust,

I gave the new engine a coat of silver paint to make it look a bit fresher and its all ready for going in tomorrow :D

I also painted the inlet manifold silver as it was looking a little tired and rusty,

The engine that edd got for me was a uk spec starlet engine which for anyone wanting to know had to have a few plugs changing over from the glanza s 4efe, and the injectors etc

Theres just a few more bits i want to paint to finish the engine bay of now, rocker cover, exhaust manifold and strut brace mainly which will be getting done some time next week hopefully,

So yeah that it really just fitting the new engine tomorrow and hope all goes well and the car lives on, heres a few pics of the car and engines,

C72AB163-3E82-439B-9B40-AAA9A8B17DDB.jpg

567ACC3C-12DA-4FEB-B4BC-CC656F3E96DA.jpg

CB12D951-FADC-47FE-95AF-FDB42AE36752.jpg

E1325EDE-0999-40FA-9D51-078A8B0F9C02.jpg

Edited by Jasonp-glanza-s