• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the lowering springs have come :D we only managed to get the fronts on today as we run out of light but the rears will be going on shortly, the drop with these springs are pretty impressive they look no different to how low the car sat before and the springs have not settled yet so i will get a pic when they have fully settled :)

And at least i can start to enjoy the car now as its now drivable lol, heres a pic of the old spring that had snapped :/

E5F61851-7FF8-4AE4-B462-C231FDDAFD90.jpg

Here you are pal :) there not mega low but they look nice to me :)

A08D4ADF-73AA-4D77-8EA0-98112ED7137D.jpg

Still only got the fronts on as I've been busy but will get a pic of the full car when the rears are on,

Also just add that i forgot to mention i put my wheels on :D

Good enough for me that. Thats all i need for mine because im gunna run 195/50 tyres so should sit nice. Should be fitted today hopefully too

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks pal :) i was in two minds weather to sell the car the other day to buy another yaris, but I've now changed my mind after talking with lukEp (nice meeting you by the way) the plan is to turbo it now but only run 0.5 bar of boost, so going to start collecting the parts to get it done :)

I still have the standard wheels pal but unsure what im doing with them yet and luke is wanting them too haha

And i have 195/50/15 on my wheels

atm

Cool...do the 195/50/15 catch the arches/plactics at all...just im running the same springs and if they rub ill go for 195/45 tyres lol

Im not sure pal, im not all clued up on wheels lol i just bought them because i liked them hahaha, all i do know is they do need spacers on

Yeah 5mm might sort it out i had to do it before lol hope my wheels fit good. I think they will be fine tho 😉

• 2 months later...

Just a little update :)

Well the car has been of the road for a month or so due to a few problems that needed sorting before the mot,

The plan was to buy the turbo parts before christmas but due to there being more problems than i first thought the turbo has to wait for a while :(

But on a plus side the car is all fixed now and with a added bonus of a rear disc conversion :p

I will update soon with some pics and future plans for the car

Well the plan was to sell up after i got it all fixed but now I've decided to keep it pal I've fell back in love with it now its fixed haha,

A friend of mine did the axle but he said it was really simple to do and the old axle and the new one was put on in less than 2 hours, just try and do what i did and get a complete rear axle and its just a straight bolt on job :)