Kierans Glanza V - Fresh import...

so nothing much happening, got my refusal notice through on the starlet from the DVLA which is always nice.... so i sent all the docs off again hopefully ill get a pass! :)

Anyway, quick service on the starlet shameless plug but if anyone needs any oil we get stupidly good deals on oil from opie :)

service%20starlet_zpss92lpxzo.jpg

Then took it for a drive and noticed the shoddy intercooler pipework on the top, so ive been to see hutchy and picked up a FMIC but some pipeworks missing, can anyone help? All the pipework i have is on the table below can anyone shed any light on whats missing? And any links to get it from? I also want rid of the crossover to the airfilter and just run a 90degree bend from the turbo... can anyone help?

20151104_221359_zpsunmdo3bq.jpg

20151104_221344_zpsmlib3s8t.jpg

Cheers

Kieran

Edited by KieranBolton
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a perfect car to start with mate. Was always my dream to import one instead of buying it here

Insurance wise your alright mate that's a good quote. Im 18.. IP postcode I got quoted £1600 for my gt.

by the way that place of work must feel like your living in a dream lol

Thanks for the response mate, I do enjoy work however, its not all fast cars and overnight parts from Japan, its hardwork, blood sweat and tears... Motorsports not only a dangerous game but also mentally and physically challenging, its great just popping in and see'ing us work on 10 grand motors but when you've got cars going to USA, Germany, Turkey, and Even Uk And you've got deadlines for boats, Car transporters etc... Then you realise a bolts stripped, A turbo's Fucked, Parts were sent were wrong, Machine shops holding you up... You've got to react fast.... Then do it 5 days a week... Haha.. so yeah it has its perks but its a challenge 4 days out of 5

all the best

Kieran

Lovely car mate, can't beat a late spec Glanza in white with an optional kit!

Relocation Kits:

http://id-workz.co.uk/toyota/starlet/starlet-glanza-ep91/engine-tuning/air-filter-relocation-kit-4e-fte

Short Route Intercooler Pipe:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131309465499

If you buy the above pipe then all you're missing from the Intercooler piping is the pipe which joins the above hot pipe to the Intercooler which might be a bit tricky. If you're stuck I'm sure Dean at RW Developments could make you something up.

Hope that helps :)

Aamir

• 2 weeks later...

Inter cooler still not fitted, but ill get there :)

picked up a TD04 to start a TD04 build, Also got a towing ring and a Defi advanced controller, had my top mount cooler fixed for now and Jesus Christ it was like it was mapped... Stupidly fast and i thought it was quick before!!!

Also going to remove my air con tonight, maybe replace the cross over air filter pipe with a piece of silicone and my filter :)

Also got an AEM wide band gauge to fit tonight to help me see how she's running along with a water methanol kit to fit, has anyone had any experience running meth? i used to run a devils own kit with controller in the focus ST i had (Im a dealer of devils own) just wondered if anyone had used it on the starlets and if so what experience do you have?

All the best

Kieran

Forgive me for my ignorance, i hope you dont mind me asking but who are you lol have i got you on facebook?

Also if anyone wants to add me on facebook its kieran bolton :) I tend to frequent there more often :)

Yup I have you on Facebook was messaging you when you first got it. Peter :)

Fuel pump is in and running great, the air con is coming out hopefully on Saturday also got myself a new belt, Getting around 340KM out of a tank (£35) which i don't think is bad!

Now she's on the road i think some new tyre's are in order, these ones seem to spin first and second quite easily which is mostly annoying but never mind if anyone can recommend any id appreciate it.

In further news ive booked myself a track day (December the 14th) Not the most ideal time of the year but im curious to see how she performs in herself, Brakes still feel a little spongy so i think some new fluids etc will be ordered and ill bleed them up before i go.

Thats all for now, ill get some good pictures on saturday when i remove the aircon i think :)

Cheers

Kieran

Looks a nice Glanza and seems to be in safe hands.

I may be wrong but it looks to me that with the FMIC pipework the two large pieces are for the cold side and the other small piece with the flange is obviously for the hot side and requires the turbo to be clocked so it points at the ground giving you the shortest route and less lag. You still might require a silicone elbow for it to meet the cooler.

Also be careful front mounting the filter as you could experience boost creep.

Might be worth checking the ecu to see if its aftermarket going by the other mods on the car.

Managed to pick up a cusco catch can, hopefully going to get some aeroquip-8 or -10 fittings aircon still isn't out and inter cooler still isn't fitted, talking to mark bowman and took him out in the car and he thinks I've got a hybrid CT 9 which will be awesome if it is...

Any recommendations on fitting the catch can?

It'll be unlikely it has a hybrid seeing as it has the original efi pipe. Most hybrids run a different compressor housing or larger inlet meaning you wouldn't be able to run that pipe.

Only way to truly tell is take it all off. Whats the reasoning for thinking it has one?

I have no idea I'm just going on what others have said, today I picked up a sun strip and had that fitted I've also got a c pillar bar ready for going out on track, more pictures to follow but hopefully she goes well :)

received_968981743185895_zpsmbiaczhv.jpe

received_968982009852535_zpsqqc8jadj.jpe

20151122_140957_zpskiethmxq.jpg

Screenshot_2015-11-22-18-31-29_zpsr7ksj5

Edited by KieranBolton

Another night on the starlet and managed to get my AEM Wideband in, Aircon Deleted and new belt on and my civic rad in, So far so good, no leaks and temps seem fine as they are.

I've got depo gauges though can anyone help with where i can take my oil pressure from and my water temperature?

All the best

Kieran

Another night on the starlet and managed to get my AEM Wideband in, Aircon Deleted and new belt on and my civic rad in, So far so good, no leaks and temps seem fine as they are.

I've got depo gauges though can anyone help with where i can take my oil pressure from and my water temperature?

All the best

Kieran

Oil pressure u can get a t piece to screw in to the block then put the oem sensor and your gauge sensor in to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MR2-STARLET-SUPRA-TURBO-CELICA-COROLLA-REMOTE-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-ADAPTOR-MLR-JE-/151893368236?hash=item235d8cddac

Like above