Had a bit of a look under the car today, unfortunately found a lot of corrosion on the fuel filler pipe. It's a bit odd as the plastic pipe looks ok but there's a random very corroded hose section. Think I'll be ordering a new one very soon.

A449434C-A389-49E1-AE2D-4B9979D6D4D5.jpg

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the service kit arrived last week along with a k&n panel filter and glanza 98 rear seats. The front seats should be coming next week all being well. I went to the garage and the car should be getting a good service and the exhaust sorted :) they're going to do a custom stainless and use the TTE tip so it should last longer than 5mins.

I also got the car over the pit at work and it really does look tidy. I'll post pics up now as I've got a couple of questions.

The next question is- in these pics it shows that you can see right through to the oil filter from the front bumper- is there meant to be something behind the bumper? Because the oil filter and belts seem pretty exposed. If not then I'll probably make some sort of black mesh guard to help protect things.

B0E7E2A4-FC19-44A5-8B51-09EB6A5E72AA.jpg

48C85B70-7DF6-416C-83A7-943B6A7D62D4.jpg

Thanks mate should get more interesting over time but just trying to future proof the car first. Works been so busy I havnt even been able to clean the car since I picked it up but it's being dry stored at work until the belts are done.

Oh by the way anyone looking to use the courier 'myhermes' then don't bother. They delivered my wind deflectors today about two weeks after I'd bought them! And they are totally ruined, one is snapped clean in half :/ also set up a Halloween party last week and half of my decorations didn't show up in time (ordered 9 days prior!) so I cancelled the order but they still say they delivered (2days after the party) and I haven't had a thing!

So my k&n panel filter and crystal lights arrived this week :) I also managed to get hold of a genuine TRD front strut brace which I can't really afford this month but just couldn't pass it up! The car is in with he garage getting the belts etc done so as soon as its back I'll start putting everything on the car and taking a few pics :)

if it's back early next week I'll be stripping the interior out and giving it all a deep clean. The exhaust had been pushed back a couple of weeks as the garage is really busy.

085EF1B5-26BE-4E6F-9875-78A6C88595D5.jpg

so i got the car back last night from all the belts being done etc and seems to run spot on :) tonight it's getting a deep clean of the interior apart from the seats which will be swapped next week. If i have time i'll change the headlights and fit the TRD strut brace but if not then i'll sort those tomorrow night. Was going to fit the panel filter but they've sent me the wrong one :(

The exhaust is getting sorted in two weeks :/ think i'm going to go for a custom decat as well as the back box- does everyone think it'll run ok without a cat? My mate who's a welder has also taken a look at my stock seat rails and thinks he can modify/drop them for me so we are going to give that a go in a couple of weeks. As usual i'll post pics up as i go, just been really busy lately but things should move quickly now. got a huge to do list of little tweaks.

The testers will be the people who are building the decat ;) can't wait for my mate to have a go at chopping the seat bases.

Cheers morgey- will be moving forward quite nicely with little bits and bobs. Cleaned the interior tonight- took two hours, there was nasty stuff hidden everywhere but it now looks like it pretty much just rolled off the production line. The first pic is of the boot well which had random soil as well as other crap. Had the original Toyota service pack box but it was too far gone to save.

7D73D2A8-666D-4599-B978-88184100B5D7.jpg