• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the nice comments- the car has been really well looked after in the past. Got the exhaust booked in for a week tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that. Really busy with work next week so the front seats are going to have to wait for now I think :/

Just a small update really- as pointed out by a few guys, the 98 rear seats have different front hangers so I cut the ones from the old seats, bent them carefully and hooked them over the hangers on the 98 seats. Then bolted them in and the covers went back on :) front seats will hopefully go in tomorrow if I get time.

FD207381-7DAA-4744-B9B2-303A2B8513DF.jpg

5D59C71E-437A-4363-AC6B-D732B61E0EF1.jpg

018C30E0-1A61-4205-9625-6BC73972A0C0.jpg

Nice one I'll have a look. Just waiting for my wife and son to leave then hopefully cracking on with the fronts. Got the trd strut off for painting this week and the car is going in for the exhaust tomorrow :)

Read your whole build thread last night mate and It really made me want more power- missing the 300bhp I had two weeks ago

Sorry jack I didn't see your reply! Cheers for the plastics mate. Can't wait for the exhaust to get done- should tidy the exterior up a lot. In talks with Keri at the moment to get some 4mm wheel spacers made up- don't want any bigger than that as I don't want to mess around with the studs. The engine bay does need a good clean but I want to sort a race tec painted rocker cover with the two breathers to a catch can as the standard rocker lets it down. I'll paint the Corolla Inlet mani when I get one. Going to try and replace all the rusty nuts and bolts in the engine bay next weekend too. Got a huge list of little things to do

Yes mate going in tomorrow but they're doing it at their leasure so thurs at the latest. I'll get some pics up of the end result. Might being going for a decat too- unless anyone thinks I'll have issues? I'd never do it on a turbo car without a map but NA's should be ok.

Thanks for the heads up with he seats by the way jack. By the time I finished I had to use the carpet cleaner on them so they aren't in the car until tomorrow. Yeh loads of little things I've got a list which believe it or not was a lot bigger when I first got the car:

respray front and rear strut braces

Spray all interior plastics black

Retrim door cards

K&n air filter

Under seal the car

Black 98 spec turbo steering wheel

Wheel spacers

Corolla brake upgrade

Anti lift kit

Rear anti roll bar

Exhaust including decat

Corolla Inlet mani

Race tec rocker cover with custom breathers

Replace all nuts and bolts in the engine bay

Refurbish all engine bay brackets

Spray front bumper and drivers sill

Wheel refurb with new centre cap stickers

Emanage blue Ecu

Eventually a bolt on turbo kit :)

Edited by Pikey009

Yes mate going in tomorrow but they're doing it at their leasure so thurs at the latest. I'll get some pics up of the end result. Might being going for a decat too- unless anyone thinks I'll have issues? I'd never do it on a turbo car without a map but NA's should be ok.

Thanks for the heads up with he seats by the way jack. By the time I finished I had to use the carpet cleaner on them so they aren't in the car until tomorrow. Yeh loads of little things I've got a list which believe it or not was a lot bigger when I first got the car:

respray front and rear strut braces

Spray all interior plastics black

Retrim door cards

K&n air filter

Under seal the car

Black 98 spec turbo steering wheel

Wheel spacers

Corolla brake upgrade

Anti lift kit

Rear anti roll bar

Exhaust including decat

Corolla Inlet mani

Race tec rocker cover with custom breathers

Replace all nuts and bolts in the engine bay

Refurbish all engine bay brackets

Spray front bumper and drivers sill

Wheel refurb with new centre cap stickers

Emanage blue Ecu

Eventually a bolt on turbo kit :)

Decat will be fine mate..just need a friendly mot guy :)

Nice one I'll have a look. Just waiting for my wife and son to leave then hopefully cracking on with the fronts. Got the trd strut off for painting this week and the car is going in for the exhaust tomorrow :)

Read your whole build thread last night mate and It really made me want more power- missing the 300bhp I had two weeks ago

Sounds good, i wish i had the motivation you do with yours!

Cheers man appreciate it, its not the quickest thing in the world but for what im after it was just right.

Ha ha he's new to the whole tuning thing and I'm sure he will get the bug now. He really hasn't got a clue and not that I know everything but I'll try to point him in the right direction! - already aimed him away from a yellow shittyquento ha ha.

Morgey: I can't leave anything alone I'm shocking but I won't be ruining the sr for what it is just tiny under the skin tweaks and hopefully some sort of power upgrade at some point but I want it pretty much perfect before I do that. I've had some pretty quick cars over the years but this one isn't really about power at the min. I dare say you're underselling yours mate it's a little weapon and will shock a lot of cars out there.

Got the exhaust on :) really happy with it- brilliant workmanship and sounds fantastic if a little too loud but never mind. They didn't have enough metal to do the full system so they just did the back box for now. £100 all in so a total bargain. I'll get get some vids up at the weekend if I get the chance but I've got a huge list of things to do on the car on sat so will see how I get on.

C332FA59-8018-4BD3-ADD8-7EE89A028372.jpg

208201D6-ADD2-457C-94DF-A395ED8A76C5.jpg

290FE3F0-47A0-4382-B61A-05154ED04B88.jpg

Well I was meant to get loads done today but I got batfaced last night at my works Christmas doo so my head wasn't really in the game for the first half of the day! Got some stuff done though:

Changed the steering wheel over to the black one :) hungover dealing with airbags isn't fun!

A3DA6EB0-527B-49E5-AF6D-73269C768FBB.jpg

99BD50D4-5604-45B3-A45D-8C86A1B57AED.jpg

5EA10EA1-49AD-4C13-AA6D-223CD783D95F.jpg

I know that some people might not really get what I'm trying to achieve with this car like why am I going to so much trouble to basically fit stock parts ha ha but it's each to their own. I've got this omp supertourismo wheel hung in my garage from the gt4 and was tempted to use it but it's not the look I'm after.

A6B8770C-278F-4A8F-ACAE-CC30C1DA29B4_1.j

Also got the other 98 glanza seat built up today with the new plastics from Jack but removed the other seat so I can thoroughly Hoover the car tomorrow. Currently refurbing the anti lift kit I got second hand as its been modified so I cleaned the welds up and sanded it for paint which is currently drying. Also in the middle of re painting the trd strut brace too so I'll get pics up when it's all done.

Edited by Pikey009

The Toyota wheel is spot on! I've a deep dish fitted to mine atm, but I was tempted to go for the same wheel, only problem I had with the stock wheel is to have my arms comfy and not stretched out I had to have the seat at a certain point, but then my legs would bash the cowl every now and then xD so mine is for a purpose otherwise I'd have the same wheel