So not huge updates but got my five piece mats fitted today, they're in lovely condition only used for shows in the past by the previous owner. I'll only use them in the summer as I've kept the old ones.

The interior is a bit of a mish mash at the moment but I'll be tying it all together soon with glanza door cards and a bit of painting and retrimming. Also got the TRD gearknob fitted since that pic.

56634572-716E-4329-8C96-852B21969898.jpg

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave the light mounts a bit of a clean and polish while in was at it as they were full of crap. The pic shows one of the very few marks on the car :( I'll be getting the front and rear bumpers sprayed after the brake upgrade

54B5D98D-D049-4072-B7C4-4885BBBF976C.jpg

Edited by Pikey009

Thanks for the nice comments. I kind of like the retro look though and that's why I left the ambers on the front. I think they'd look ok if I didn't have any stickers or bump strips. I'll give them a couple more days but it would be 80 towards my brake set up lol.

Got to get the brakes on and a few more suspension tweaks then paint the front and rear bumpers and finally I'll get to the bay a bit more!

Russ is making me a set of levin twin pots and I've got some braided lines already. Some may call it overkill but it's just future proofing and even with literally no power in my sr it'd be nice to have the confidence in the brakes!

The lights havnt grown on me and I'm selling them to my mate at work for his glanza. They'll look much nicer on that and I'm staying retro ish.

eBay- set myself a budget but really wanted it so went quite a bit above. It's nothing too special really just I'm a bit of a geek and have been after one for a long long time. I've got ones for Impreza rb320, gb270, Corolla wrc tte, celica gt4 and a few others.

Gripe of the day: ep3 typeR owner- "I thought them starlet turbos were a lot faster than that" me- "it's not a turbo it's got 76bhp" typeR- "oh"

This is after he and his girlfriend had looked at the sr laughing then at me like I'd just fallen out of my mums fanny and on to the car scene. I was up his arse in the twisty stuff though which was brilliant, he must have been a shite driver. I need more power!

I actually rate the ep3's but finding a good one is hard. I am biased towards the corollas though and no one really knows what they are!

I'd love a 20v morgey but realistically I'll be looking at a bolt on turbo kit I think. I was happy just to be right there with it all through the bends he was going nowhere. When SR's are stickered up they really are a marmite car I think and a lot of people just laugh at them. Having owned a lot of different cars over the years I've got to say this is the most fun I've had this cheap and I love it

eBay- set myself a budget but really wanted it so went quite a bit above. It's nothing too special really just I'm a bit of a geek and have been after one for a long long time. I've got ones for Impreza rb320, gb270, Corolla wrc tte, celica gt4 and a few others.

when I was a kid back in the 80s my dad worked for a Toyota dealers and was a mechanic foreman so I was able to get Toyota posters could help myself and got to sit in some cars in the show room, my favourite posters was the pickup truck pics with TRD on the side of them, anyway wish I kept them:-(

when I was a kid back in the 80s my dad worked for a Toyota dealers and was a mechanic foreman so I was able to get Toyota posters could help myself and got to sit in some cars in the show room, my favourite posters was the pickup truck pics with TRD on the side of them, anyway wish I kept them:-(

Sounds brilliant mate don't have any sr posters kicking around do you ha ha? My local dealer always seemed to have cool cars on show, I sat in a white starlet sr and a fully stickered up wrc kitted Corolla TTE, probably the reason I ended up owning both and being Toyota mad

The guy sounds a dick tbh haha glad you beaned him in the twisties! :)

It's the typical response really from people who assume you're in your first car and don't know a thing about them. I can hardly be a dick my self and drive around with stickers saying what I've owned in the past although sometimes I wish I could lol.

Just looking forward to having more fire power in the future so I can at least keep up on the straights. it's the first time the lack of power has bothered me to be honest as I just like the car being clean and driving it around.

Gripe of the day: ep3 typeR owner- "I thought them starlet turbos were a lot faster than that" me- "it's not a turbo it's got 76bhp" typeR- "oh"

This is after he and his girlfriend had looked at the sr laughing then at me like I'd just fallen out of my mums fanny and on to the car scene. I was up his arse in the twisty stuff though which was brilliant, he must have been a shite driver. I need more power!

type r owners are knobs mate lol