Finally got the brakes on today :) didn't take long and everything just bolted up nicely. Got to say it's an epic set up and a real credit to Russ. Even though i didn't get them from him (second hand from a member) he's still helped me out loads with the rebuild kit and info.

To say the brakes are good would be daft, the car pretty much folded in half the first time I used them ha ha.

97438675-225F-40F7-A4D1-AE506C3CEA99.jpg

1EA823C6-4E40-4BF2-953F-1F5A79DC3934.jpg

They're nice and shiny now after a bit of 'bedding in'

Edited by Pikey009
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks buddy. In two weeks I'm just on call at work and the place should be empty so the underneath of the car is going to get lots of love- fully cleaned and under sealed then I'll fit the RARB

Thanks lads really appreciate the nice comments. Think I'm a little obsessed with cleaning it ha ha.

Walker- I love yours buddy it's lovely and very original.

Bmx- I'll have to check your SR out mate, not many nice ones left at all anymore. I'd love a rough one to turn into a track car but I can't afford or store another.

Next on the list is:

.fully underseal the car- get right into the arches. I'll remove the front and rear bumpers and also refurbish any parts as I go along.

.fit the RARB, anti lift kit and get it all laser aligned.

.get the front and rear bumpers painted along with the scuff on the drivers sill and get the wing mirrors paint coded

.wheel refurb

.finally do a ct9 bolt on kit running low boost just for a bit of extra Keith under the bonnet but nothing crazy

To be honest though my job role might be changing in a month or two and if it does I might be forced to sell the car :/ I'll do everything I can to keep it but it'd mean doing around 400miles a week which isn't fair on the car. Fingers crossed though

Edited by Pikey009

No updates as such but ordered some parts- there will be big progress next week. I'm on call for work but not in and my wife is away so should get the full week on the car.

The to do list next week:

. Both bumpers off- all refurbished and waxoiled behind them

. The rest of the car will be very carefully and thoroughly wire brushed, washed and then waxoiled

. Fit RARB

. While fitting the anti lift kit I've decided to replace both front wish bones along with sway bar bushes. The ball joints look fine but the rubbers look knackered on the sway bar. Rather than mess around replacing the wish bone bushes and refurbish the wishbones themselves I've decided to just replace the whole lot as who knows if they've had a nasty knock in the past and I want the handling to be spot on after the laser set up.

Edited by Pikey009

Started the work today, took me ages just to do the back end. The amount of crap that fell out when I took the car apart was crazy lol but after it was cleaned up the car was in great shape underneath. I wanted to take my time and do it properly so refurbished the rear axle while I was fitting the arb etc. Did discover both rear bearings need doing though so I'll sort that soon.

65DE2E17-C408-4DD8-AFF9-27A9865FA0AD.jpg

Thanks walker :) I'm a bit obsessed with it.

Ah Morgey I'm really sorry mate it's all rebuilt :( I've only got the pic I posted. If I have time today I'll wiz it back off for you but failing that I'll try next week

Thanks lads. Currently about to start another day on the car, this time it's the front end.

It won't be coming off unless I take it off just for the pics. Lol that was the sun mate- not much space in the workshop at the moment so I'm right next to the door

Got the car back together and on the road today :) front arches are now waxoiled and I fitted the new wishbones along with the arb bushes. The car feels loads tighter now as the old arb bushes were goosed. Just ready to get the tracking done in the morning and away we go.

DFD00F69-3E95-4BDF-8FC8-EF108C1D953C.jpg

B1AE643A-4E37-41BE-AA8B-AD3DA9FD77AD.jpg