• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most common ones are the silvers ones (I love them just as much Dale). Loved my white one. You never just randomly see them. I like the old fiesta zetec s aswell and they're getting rare.

Edited by Pikey009

Yeh it's strange isn't it, they're usually the ones for sale and the ones I've seen on the road. Yeh they do rust badly don't they! Think they're nice though.

I really want more power :/ fucking Astra deisel today was right up my Arse until we got into some corners. Can't wait to get this custom exahsidt manifold on and then have the car mapped. Aiming for the the dizzy heights of 100bhp!

They should have dumped the 5efhe in the Sr atleast it would have had a bit of go to match the show to start with. Never got the point of doing a sports model thats got the same performance as every other model lol

Totally agree mate. How hard do you think a 5e transplant would be and what power do they run?

Think the 5efe is 90-95 and the 5efhe is 110 iirc. Plus you get the bonus of the extra torque.

It should bolt in but the real question is what wiring would need doing. The engine to ecu will be fine but i doubt it will match up with the dash plugs or the engine bay fuse box either.

Probably not too much work if your confident with a multimeter though

What's the difference between the two mate do you know? maybe it's easier just to ct9 my engine lol. To be honest i should be pushing 90+ with my corolla inlet, panel filter and custom exhuast manifold mapped on an emanage. Do you think i'd need to go bigger injectors?

Edited by Pikey009

5efhe is higher compression and Has the acis inlet manifold so better power/torque throughout the rev range, Ecu will be mapped differently to suit.

Think the 5efhe has a higher rpm limit and beefier rods as well

I think for the work involved i may aswell just boost it at some point.

5efhe is higher compression and Has the acis inlet manifold so better power/torque throughout the rev range, Ecu will be mapped differently to suit.

Think the 5efhe has a higher rpm limit and beefier rods as well

Thanks v much mate

So recently I've started to dabble with hotwheels/matchbox customisation after seeing this hotrod on speedhunters.

532C232F-9D4C-4576-83F4-0CC204DB2506.jpg

I thought it was cool as hell so decided I wanted to make my own. We are all big kids at heart but obviously as a kid I never had the tools to do this :)

So after a lot of searching I found the base car he used.

A9E9064B-40EE-44FF-986B-44A250BC264E.jpg

I ordered another random car to get hold of the rubber wheels I wanted. With each build I try not to ruin anything rare or in decent condition.

I put the wheels on but the stance was all wrong.

3E8960CA-5339-4BB4-8A77-3B95C7D392A7.jpg

I ordered some piano wire to make new axles from. in the mean time I was looking for a new engine and randomly found this:

D2740AAE-D9D4-4375-85C8-68AC5620C1C2.jpg

2CB9E2DA-E57D-4B01-8293-407A930D5593.jpg

You can see the old axle position so I've dremel sanded the base plate being careful not to ruin it but it allows the car to sit much lower. Then drilled the new axle hole.

4C8FE1BA-98EA-41DC-8667-940DD56A30F2.jpg

The final pic is just the wheels offered up, still waiting on the axle wire then once I'm happy with the stance I'll paint the car and add all the parts :)

9ADC4487-39E1-4FBC-88D1-C463F351666F.jpg

Edited by Pikey009

When I was a kid I was too scared of taking anything apart and didn't have the means to do it anyway. But now it's pretty fun and over the years I've bought old toys and fixed them up then re sold them. I rebuilt my original Thundertank that never used to work properly lol had to take loads of photos after I got it opened up as it was pretty complicated for a toy.

I've got two other projects on the go too. The first is making a ratted stanced VW flatbed. This is how it looked before I found it at a carboot sale when I was a little lad.

E386B005-C2C7-46A1-8A10-93F9017AFDF2.png

Mine had taken a lot of hammer so again I'm not bothered about pulling it apart. Here it is just mocked up with the new wheels but again I'm waiting on the axles. The wheels will have a black centre.

94C84D68-C2A2-484A-B04B-C029C153C1BD.jpg

D5C1110F-1C12-4229-93AF-DEAD3ED04523.jpg

Still got a lot to do on that one. Finally I'll be making a replica of this ratted land rover from a battered corgi toy I got years ago. Already cut the roof off to use as the tailboard for the VW

0843E5AD-C319-48BA-9FB8-F96FFBBFFDE3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The car is in for paint tomorrow so I decided to give it I proper clean. I want the guy to see how much I look after it so the work matches up to scratch. Bit nervous leaving it to be honest. So anyway I thought I'd get a few pics of it before the splitter goes on :)

AB94E183-0302-44DD-BDAE-ADFB056A5059.jpg

DC1F0DEA-F51B-4889-BE0D-8DA20B8BF997.jpg

51BD436E-1E1C-468C-9A08-3F931ED117CA.jpg

A4CF82A8-6326-4C25-9C75-C460525C078B.jpg