• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha we've got a mk5 golf gt tdi as the family car. She actually wants the SR to stay as its so cheap to run compared to everything else I've owned. It is a little worrying as a second car though because there's no way I'd put my kids in the back of it. So if we ever needed to for some reason then we'd be screwed. Ideally I would garage it and then get a fabia vrs to bomb around in but I'm not having three cars

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been saving up for a half rad kit for a couple of months and at the same time been waiting to hear from my wife's work to see if she can work at the reading branch after her maternity leave. Just as I've got the most ey for the rad kit it we hear from her work and turns out they're a bunch of complete xxxxxxs and she has to go back up to Nottingham to work. If she doesn't then we lose about 8k in maternity pay that we've already had.

So basically it would mean she has to move back up to her Mums with our boys and I'll have to travel up every weekend (around 400 miles a weekend). I think I'm going to have to sell the Starlet :( absolutely gutted but there's no way I can put that sort of mileage on it. I've got nowhere to store it and even if I did then it'd either just sit there or we have to tax and inside three cars.

They might not as by the time she's done I'll be due a posting to a different unit in the army so would be moving. We can't afford to have three cars even if the starlet is off-the-peg road. We'd need to buy a second diesel for me :/

Don't get me wrong is be in no rush to sell it and wouldn't let it go for less than I'd want as it isn't happening just yet

Yeh it won't just go to anyone, I want to make sure it'll stay as an SR. I'll be getting it MOT'd soon and then I'll have to put it up for sale :( I'm in no rush to sell as my lass isn't going just yet but just thought I may aswell put it up sooner rather than later as I'll have to find a decent replacement