Suspension/ Chassis

.TRD front strut brace

.Cusco rear strut brace

.Apexi springs

.Eibach camber bolts

.New front wishbones (April 16)

.New front drop links (April 16)

Brakes

.Levin twin pot conversion- fully rebuilt and refurbished with new seals and Pistons

.Grooved disks (May 16)

Exterior

.Standard SR spec

.Optional genuine TTE front splitter

.Optional genuine front fogs

.Optional genuine crystal headlights

.Front and rear bumpers repainted

.Wing mirrors body colour coded

.TTE tail pipe welded to custom stainless back box and painted black to look like the original Remus

Interior/ Engine dress

.One off Starlet SR plaque

.98 Glanza front and rear seats

.98 Glanza black steering wheel

.98 Glanza door cards

.Full 98 Glanza plastics

.Optional 5 piece luxury mats

.TRD gear knob

.Custom made from scratch lowered seat frames

.Glanza cup holders

.Optional audio upgrade with original CD head unit

.Optional console carpet

.Aluminium dial cluster surround

.Boot tidy

.All engine bay mounting brackets and bolts refurbished and replaced

.Exhaust manifold heat shield refurbished

So after a couple of years of searching I've finally got my hands on a lovely black SR. Having had quite a few cars over the years I'm back where I started 14 years ago. Picked it up today and had a fantastic 100mile drive home where it just ticked over 60k. 4 owners and loads of history.

There is a slight scuff on the front bumper but will be sorted easily. My only gripe is that some plonker has welded on the tte tail pipe upside down on the new back box! Will be getting sorted v soon as it's driving me mad.

Other than that though near immaculate body and mechanically sound so I'm chuffed. Anyone who knows me knows it won't get repped- at most it'll get crystal lights, clear indicators and slight wheel spacers along with a wheel refurb but that's about it.

I'll also be tweaking the interior and giving the engine bay a proper clean but will post up pics as I go along.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows if these ever had the option of front fog lights as this has some and the install looks pretty good like it's meant to be there along with a proper matching fog light switch.

Edited by Pikey009
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exhaust is the only thing letting it down at the moment. I am tempted to leave the ambers and will think about it but I definately wont be changing much.

Thanks for the heads up Morgey, v happy to finally find a decent one. Thanks for all the nice comments

Oh and I don't like the fogs but def can't remove them if they're original!

they have grown on me today as have the ambers :) think i'll just swap the main headlights for crystals. Also found out today that it's got the Toyota factory audio upgrade kit- Original CD player with parcel shelf speakers

Spoke to a friend at work today who's got another friend in exhaust fabrication so hopefully getting it booked in soon for a stainless back box with the tte tail pipe welded on.

Was looking through the history properly and it has every old mot and v5 too. I feel I might have got one that's too good as I drove to tescos today and parked miles away from anyone else!

What oil is everyone running in the na's? I've been recommended 10w40 part synth by a friend. Also was wondering if servicing parts are the same for the glanza and na's such as timing belt kit, water pump, oil filter, crank seal etc? I'm going to get all that done for peace of mind

Thanks buddy it's v v well cared for and is going to get treated to a good going over next week- all service parts, belts, cambelt kit, crystal lights and I managed to track down the late spec glanza seats :) like I said I won't be going over the top with anything, the idea is for everything to look like it was factory fitted

Oh and the exhaust is hopefully getting done too. I'll update with pics when things start happening