Yeh I'm all for eBay just wasn't sure if the kits were any good as eBay stuff isnt really renowned for being top quality. Plus if I see a second hand rad for sale I want to know if that make is any good too. I want it to fit properly

Edited by Pikey009
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally pulled my finger out and started to underseal the rest of the car today. Did the whole rear end up to the fuel tank but took ages to clean the underside so I didn't get much done.

D38438D5-EA0C-443A-918E-0C09432907BD.jpg

Also re painted the back box to get a neater finish on it. Then Polished the tip - pretty happy with it now. F90B4CDA-78AE-4AE1-B20E-BAED7F22651D.jpg

ha ha you have done the same as me with the back box :-) in the end I cut up my old exhaust back box painted it up then got it flanged to fit a straight through exhaust system, still 2.5 up to the cat but without the two middle mufflers.

I lasted for 2 days with the 3.5 tip back box, it sounded horrible lol, here is a PIC with it on, didn't really like it to be honest.

IMG_20160527_154649859_zps6svcsaw0.jpg

Have you got any pics of how it sits now? I wanted mine to look like the original Remus system but as they melt like chocolate I got the TTE pipe welded to a custom back box.

Cheers mate. Basically I've got a spare rocker and I want to get it cleaned and painted and wanted to make sure it'd work with my engine. Maybe I could get the breather welded up or something. I'm tempted to get the AN fittings put in with a catch can set up but think it'll probably be a bit of over kill. I'll have a word with race tech anyway

Edited by Pikey009

Cheers mate. Basically I've got a spare rocker and I want to get it cleaned and painted and wanted to make sure it'd work with my engine. Maybe I could get the breather welded up or something. I'm tempted to get the AN fittings put in with a catch can set up but think it'll probably be a bit of over kill. I'll have a word with race tech anyway

I wouldn't bother having a word with race tech mate they will have your pants down just get it cleaned up and painted and put a little breather filter on the extra breather no real need for a catch can tbh and knowing the way the want your car you probably don't want a catch can in the engine bay

Daniel: Ha ha ha plans are to get the wheels refurbed next then the car will be pretty much mint. Then i want some sort of decent exhaust manifold along with a civic half rad and then i can fit the paseo air feed. Then a piggy back mapped in to aim for around the 100bhp mark. That way i can enjoy it while i save up and then put a turbo kit together (probably a ct9 based kit running low boost and all hidden). The car will remain looking as stock as possible.

Ryan: I ideally want the baffle drilling out and cleaning though as they get covered in shit over the years. Plus their paint jobs look pretty goos too. The only thing with just running a little breather filter is that they tend to piss oil everywhere :/ i was thinking about just going for AN8 fittings and a catch can set up so the car is future proofed for the turbo.

Edited by Pikey009

Did you just send it off to him mate? And does he paint them? I've got him number just not contacting him before I have the money to do stuff.

yes mate I just sent it off to him and he can have them painted as well

I've always liked the idea of keeping it NA and if 100bhp feels good then I might just keep it that way. It already suprises a lot of other cars/ crap drivers in the corners and has usable power. In the past I've spent a fortune on cars but for this one I've got a really tight budget so I need to save up for the turbo kit if that's the way I end up wanting to go. I'll then sell the NA parts along the way and recoup some of the cash. The turbo won't be happening for a long time I don't think- mainly due to having two children now and I want to spend the money on making it pretty much mint before I go down the performance route.