• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

No massive updates just that I was weak and dipped into the civic rad fund for some glanza boot plastics. Just need the carpet and then the interior is done. Anyway here's another pic..

I don't know how I resisted it for so long ha ha I guess it was money. I'm still paying for it now as I can't really afford to do anything else just yet after the paint and splitter- so happy with it though, the bloke did an amazing job for not much money

Bodywork isn't cheap is it. I would've just done a full respray but the rest of the car is so good I wanted to keep as much original as I could. At first I was looking for just an average car to strip and go tracking but as I kept looking I got obsessed with finding an immaculate one. I'm worried now though that this one is too nice to do that. I'd like to get it on a track at some point though. I can't even park it anywhere near something else though- I'm that guy that parks way off out the way ha ha.

I guess I've done what I always do and be too anal with a car to the point I don't want to use it.

Got the last of the glanza plastics fitted today so all I'm missing now is a good boot carpet if anyone has one? Took me two hours as I basically had to strip the entire rear interior and then re cut the tower plastics to clear the rear strut brace

So I haven't ended up needing to change job location after all which means the SR is definalty staying for the forseable future. I really love the car and once the wheels are sorted it's time for some performance as the lack of it is starting to get to me. I'm on such a tight budget though. saving like mad at the min to get the half rad on before I get to the wheels though.

I've decided not to try and hide any mods in the bay now as it seems daft because anyone with half a brain would be able to spot everything. Plus I was on google the other day and saw a bay with a half rad and IC pipework painted black- I wasn't a fan at all. So the shiny bits will stay shiny- black and chrome theme I think. It'll still be a sleeper though as the car will remain as stock as possible on the outside.

I am thinking of staying with the stock exhaust mani now and just getting it mapped on an emanage for a start rather than forking out for a custom mani. That way I'll be able to turbo it sooner as I pretty much know that's what I'll end up doing.

Edited by Pikey009

This looks so good mate, I know what you mean about power it's starting to bug me as well, not going to sell mine but Im seriously missing power, have you thought about an engine swap?

I can't be doing with a swap mate- I've thought about my options loads but the most cost affective way for me seems to be to strap a stock ct9 kit to it with supporting mods. I've got a ct9 from a while back and that'd be freshly rebuilt before going on. As I've said I'm not after big power at all and I think 140ish would be plenty.

They're fairly nippy for what they are but struggle up any hill and I miss the torque. I used to have around 440ish in the Celica and have had a string of quick cars since then. I did like the idea of putting a 2zzge 190 in but the price was crazy- 6k which I don't have lying around.

Edited by Pikey009

Really? How much roughly do you think its going to cost you to turbo it? Will you be fitting the bits yourself? I did think about an engine swap, but seeing as my 1.3 is so low on miles and well looked after i decided not to bother. Nippy around town but I find it pretty bad on the motorway and like you said up any hills. I did manage to out accelerate some lad in a limited edition corsa the other night though lol.

Take them out track. Honstely the most things to do with them, yes they maybe slow but there alot of fun in the corners and just on track in general. Can show alot faster cars up also which is very fun:)

around £500 as I'll already have the EMB so with that about a grand really. I'd like to fit it all myself but I'm not sure if I'll be able to as I'd then have to drive it to get mapped :/ yeh they're nippy alright and I dare say if I get near 100bhp just on the EMB it'll be great. It'll still be missing the torque though. I've been doing a lot of research into everything so that I can start collecting parts when I'm ready. Yeh mate even those 1.4's are slow as hell.

I'll be tracking mine when I'm running the EMB and I've got decent tyres on. Got to say though that my brakes are bloody awesome with the new discs on. Already shown an ep3 up in the corners near where I live- he was a pants driver