• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was at this point I started looking at starlets again and 4paw's in particular. I knew they were rare and just kept my eye open. Then one night I noticed one for sale in Scotland so probably undercut a lot of people but said over the phone that I'd go that night and buy it unsean! When I got there the car seemed pretty much mechanically sound but there were a few dings on the body that didn't worry me too much.

image-10.jpg

Had oem wind deflectors and a mint engine bay- the short gearing was a bit mad but I was going to look into that. The plan was to boost it and make an sr rep. I already had all the body parts and wheels to convert the car when I bought it.

image-11.jpg

I owned it a week but then found out my lass was pregnant so sold the car to socks who then sold it on to Jack. I regret that sale too as I is know I could've kept it. Next I got a clio 197- I've got to say it was the best handing fwd car I've ever driven and would run rings around the scooby. The brakes were amazing too! But it was made out of tin foil and fag packets and was dead below 5k until the larey cam kicked in so it was time for more boost!

So next I wanted jap build quality again and had driven a few Mazda MPS's so went for a 3 MPS. Was a fantastic car- lovely interior and easily tuneable. From just an intake and map I ran just under 300. With an updated fuel pump on top of that you can go to 320 and 350 is even pretty easy but 300 through the front wheels was enough for me. Highly recommend these cars and was a great all rounder but a change in job location means that I now live right next to where I work so I'm now in the sr with a golf gt as the family car.

9AA1530C-D2B9-4378-A96D-0907B3E49092_12.

Well I've unfortunately only had a Corsa B and Corsa Cbefore hand, both of which were pretty much against my will as I have always hated corsa shut always wanted a starlet every time it came to looking at cars so I'm just glad to finally be in one xD

What stopped you getting a starlet mate?

First car was handed down to me, a Corsa B, at the time I was on an apprenticeship, so cash was tight, that was stolen within 2-3 months and by then apprenticeship ended, current employer said they couldn't afford to keep me afterwards, and I was starting a new job after my car was stolen and I had 2 days to find a car, the girlfriends parents were paying it for me so I had to find a car that they agreed with (they don't understand the whole old car thing) so had to get the best example that was local enough.

But now I have a steady job and I'm glad I was made to wait as I got the starlet in the colour I've always wanted and it's spot on :D

I think its something to do with being a non paid member.

There was issues with people whose memberships had lasped editing old forsale adverts to sell new items, the board software doesnt allow each sub forum to have separate rules.

I can change the title for you though if you let me know what you want it changing to.

Thanks mate that's exactly the plan. It does need more power and will eventually get some but it won't be larey or obvious. All pipe work and joiners will be black to try and make it look like Toyota put it there