♛ Charlotte's EP70 Turbo- MOT Passed!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I would love some genuine ones, maybe one day... I haven't tried the genuine work emotions on it yet, they're currently on Sam's car.

Would love an Si front lip but EP71 parts are so hard to get here and they come with an insane price tag. I foud a set of Si clocks the other day which I would love for the rev counter but they were £250 plus postage :/ I plan on collecting bits over time hopefully.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, last night was a nightmare, leaking fuel lines, leaking brake line that eventually pulled the threads etc. the valve for the heaters needs to be open otherwise it pressurizes which I found out :/ but it drove to petrol station and to my house fine which was good.

I so hope it passes MOT, but the handbrake efficiency is low, didn't have the time to get it adjusted up properly. The travel on the lever isn't bad and I worked it on/off loads in traffic on the way to work this morning which seems to have improved it. We will soon find out anyway. I just want it on the road so I can put a few miles on it and change the oil before JAE. I'm tired and have a migrane today so I may cry if it fails lol.

Thanks, another one saved from the scrapyard! Yeah I was in bits while it was in for test, wanted it to pass so bad! The tester loved it and couldn't believe how solid it was underneath.

Going to fit the pulse generator for the ECU speed signal from some glanza clocks though I think, but it drives really well so all in good time.

Yeah can't wait to see yours mate, not seen an EP71 in person before!

Few wee updates from the weekend;

• TPS set up with multimeter and feeler gauges
  • Base timing set up with timing light

• Outer door window seals back in

• Door shut trims back in

The wideband was being weird too. It would read fine for a while, maybe 10 miles, then it would flick lean on over run as it should, but when the throttle was opened/clutch was dipped it wasn't registering any fueling and would stay lean. My first thought/panic was that the swirl pot was running out of fuel. Although I can hear the fuel pump in the pot from inside the car and it didn't sound like it was cavitating and the car drove absolutely fine, no hesitation or spluttering.

The wideband had been sat on the shelf for some time after I removed it from the red GT Turbo I sold recently. Took the sensor out and gave it a good clean with the sir line and a hell of a lot of shit came out of it. Also plugged it back in ad tested it with some brake cleaner and a rag, and it behaved fine. put it back in and all seems good now. I watch it like a hawk as the last thing I want is to run the swirl pot dry. Seems to be fine though now fingers crossed. Also robbed the gauge off the fpr on the advance to keep an eye on the fuel pressure.

The engine has now done around 160 miles so yet another oil change very soon.

Rocker cover was leaking behind the oil filler cap, so I ran some sealant yesterday, seems to have stopped it.

All steam ahead for JAE!

• 1 year later...