♛ Charlotte's EP70 Turbo- MOT Passed!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of the car is a very subtle colour- hearing aid beige pretty much so at least there's something eye catching when you pop the bonnet. I was just going to do it white but I will admit it went a bit wrong- the purple pearly had gone a weird creamy colour and it looked totally poo so I covered it with the purple haha.

I was out competing with the horse all day today but managed to get the other door sprayed yay. Loads of little fruit flies about at the minute with it being quite mild. And they love to land on stuff in spraying. So had to get the tweezers out a fair bit :( little nuggets.

post-9101-0-50735700-1447019205_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-41451700-1447019259_thumb.jp

Also mounted a wing up to the bay for comparison

post-9101-0-35337600-1447019368_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-06443800-1447019400_thumb.jp

I think it will be eye catching when the bonnet is open in contrast with the beige :)

Cheers guys starting to prep the rest of the shell now. Few bits of surface rust etc so I'm not rushing it too much. Also ordered a cheeky turbo kit from wepr and a few other bits. Collected this little gem yesterday too

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I'll take photos as I go along!

That wheel looks so awesome!

Is the turbo kit more cheeky than a nandos?!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't upload photos on this computer but basically the car is more or less ready to be sprayed! i'm crap with filler really but i've done my best to smarten the arches up, they wern't really bad but had started to bubble on the surface. went over them with some coarse sandpaper, treated the rust and filled over it. the light isn't ideal where the shell is so i may have to re-do some bits but once it's rolling ill get it out in daylight and have a look.

Finally managed to get the power steering mounted up- what a nightmare! There were no mountings for the reservoir obviously so i had to drill some (no big drama). The power steering rack is much thicker than the manual rack, so i had to source some bushes and clamps. But the right hand side power steering rack mount didnt fit- the stud and hole on the EP70 firewall are much further apart than on an EP82/91. So with Sam's help we slotted the power steering mount and fitted some big thick washers which have done the job. Then I had to swap over the shaft from the steering column, which included knocking out the UJ's and swapping the short shaft that fits into the rack. Needle rollers everywhere... But we got there in the end and it's all in now, shaft fitted into the ep70 column etc.

Turbo brake master cylinder initially didn't fit, the bigger servo meant it was fouling the chassis leg and stopping it mounting up. So i had to attack the freshly sprayed bay with my nylon hammer. few tactical hits and it went on though, and i have a small bit of paint to touch up the damaged area. The turbo clutch servo also didn't fit- thestuds on the EP70 firewall are offset, the turbo one went on fine, but it sat at a 45 degree angle haha. So i've had to go with the EP70 one but it looks mechanically the same as a turbo one anyways so should be fine.

I've now removed the choke cable and EP70 throttle cable that was about 10 miles long. Also started making up some new brake lines for the front- i want to try and hide them a bit better than the standard ones.

Collected a Turbo rear axle from Socks recently to be swapped over when i get round to it.

Started trying to pick out what i need from the turbo loom and what i need from the EP70 loom, i'll pick the looms apart and run EFI stuff in and keep the alternator and starter motor wiring from the original loom where i can. Oh the joys.

Also purchased a set of BC coilovers for it from Jordan Walker, and just placed a pretty big order with ID-workz for discs and pads all round, panhard rod, braided brake lines, wheel bearings etc.

If i get it sprayed soon i can start fitting the doors and bootlid on, can't wait!