• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh damn, im sorry to hear your selling up, but if thats still for sale when the scoobs gone next week or so ill grab that!

cool, just have watchers on it at the moment so you never know it might still be here for a bit, I'm in no rush to sell.

Sold, I'm done with cars now for me, no more messing about with import cars, I'm just sticking with the newish family car well 2 years old new when we bought it.

Love retro jap cars but I tend to just chuck money at them every time even when it's not needed just on mods.

I just need to keep off eBay and auction sites haha.

And before anyone asks how much did you get for it, I did OK more than I thought I would.

Only up for sale for a few days soon got snapped up.

Sold, I'm done with cars now for me, no more messing about with import cars, I'm just sticking with the newish family car well 2 years old new when we bought it.

Love retro jap cars but I tend to just chuck money at them every time even when it's not needed just on mods.

I just need to keep off eBay and auction sites haha.

And before anyone asks how much did you get for it, I did OK more than I thought I would.

Only up for sale for a few days soon got snapped up.

Go on. What's the figure lol?

• 4 weeks later...

The guy who I bought it off had the car up for £5000 for about 6month then it got dropped to £4600 then I did a deal £4000 £250 for him to deliver.

As most will know when I first had it up for sale at £5000 I also had know luck either gave up, 3 months later I decided to just get rid and put it up for starting at £4000, happy to get this and £4000 is what I got. The thing is it's not an easy car to sell. the guy who bought it said it was for him but he filled the trade section in on the v5, and then I new he was after making a bit of money.

He never going to get that for it haha, needs to give them alloys a wash too, and wasn't professional wax oiled either, it was done from a rattle can from a local garage, must of used the cheapest of stuff too as it was flaking off which was pissing me right off.

Lol I always thought you'd take 4K to be honest and that's what I told my lass but still couldnt convince her. You did tell me that the underseal was a top job though so that's a bit off really mate if I'm honest. Yep it'll never sell for that. Some gt4's are now trying to be sold by dealers for crazy money too and don't even get me started on the 'Castrol rally car' on eBay that's up for 16k! It's nice but it's not 16k

Edited by Pikey009

I was happy to just get rid in the end mate.

The new owner had never seen one before and I think he thinks he has picked something up he can make a lot of money on.

would be best to put it back to standard then make on the alloys, but you wouldn't get much for them, they needed a bit of work on them I only paid £130 and coilovers would struggle to sell with there not many Caldinas about. just couldn't be bothered with it all plus it's a bit ugly looking when standard I think and would find it harder to sell.

Edited by mart1

Lol I always thought you'd take 4K to be honest and that's what I told my lass but still couldnt convince her. You did tell me that the underseal was a top job though so that's a bit off really mate if I'm honest. Yep it'll never sell for that. Some gt4's are now trying to be sold by dealers for crazy money too and don't even get me started on the 'Castrol rally car' on eBay that's up for 16k! It's nice but it's not 16k

I thought it was til when I got it motd at a different garage and asked if all is good, got told it could do with wax oiling told them it has been, said it was very thin and flaking, all this was after I found out, if you remember it only had 3 month mot when I was first selling it when you was interested and at that time I wouldn't of sold it for £4000.second time I decided not to piss about and get rid.

Fair enough mate apologies. To be honest I think it was worth what you're asking but there's a small market for it. I'd have paid 4500 if I'd got the go ahead. Still got the golf and the second baby is now overdue so looks like we're car shopping when it's hear! She still won't listen and understand we need a bigger car

Same here, will be getting a new family car next march thinking of getting a new st ford focus estate diesel about 185 bhp will do us that 65 to the gallon.

Our second baby was 2 weeks over, the Mrs had to go to the hospital in the end to get thinks moving.

I've emailed him on eBay and his response is a joke- basically that he liked the car but wants a deposite for an rs4. So I asked why he signed the v5 as a trader and is trying to make 3k on it

To be honest I couldn't give a f...k, what he gets for it.

These car's only fetch around £2500, I have been watching the value of what they go for and that is manual one's too, ok mine was very low mileage but the paint work wasn't the best, it had been mopped all over but with it being white it was very thin, I could polish it up very good but after a week of rain on it just sat on the drive it looked crap, if you look at his picks compared to mine it's got no shine to it now.

Like I said I'm happy I got 4 for it, he not going to get 7, good luck I say.

Edited by mart1

To be honest I couldn't give a f...k, what he gets for it.

These car's only fetch around £2500, I have been watching the value of what they go for and that is manual one's too, ok mine was very low mileage but the paint work wasn't the best, it had been mopped all over but with it being white it was very thin, I could polish it up very good but after a week of rain on it just sat on the drive it looked crap, if you look at his picks compared to mine it's got no shine to it now.

Like I said I'm happy I got 4 for it, he not going to get 7, good luck I say.

Told you this all along. I find it odd now you've sold the car all these faults you're listing were never mentioned when you had it advertised??