Bad Feedback for Will @ Race Dyno Tuning, Doncaster

why do they lock them ? Is there any good reasoning behind it I'm just curious to know what's the point behind locking it in ?

both the points above plus they wouldn't want their work critiqued by others.

lets say we both make a piece of clay pottery.

and the customer is going to decide who is the best and tell the world via the WWW

im going to make my piece and put it in a box and give it to the client/customer

he (the customer) isnt stupid but he knows nothing about pottery so no point in him even opening the box.

but for whatever reason he thinks there may be something wrong with the piece i made him.

so he takes the pottery to you, you open the box, and the pottery is still soft so you roll it into a big ball and pronounce my work absolute crap.

the customer heads off to the internet in a rage.

hence every tuner locks there map, there will be table blocking in there, maybe fuel correction and cold start that wont hardly be touched, a bodge to get the stock dizzy on board or whatever.

maybe Will was in a rush that day and was pissed off at you and did a crap job i dont know.

but wonder was there clogged up airfilter of sock in and intercooler pipe Lol

oj im sure there was nothing wrong but a bad day for the mapper, but easy to see why maps would be locked its industry standard so a totally mute point

Phil

Edited by Phil

Sorry to hear you've had a shit experience. Never fun. I am glad you got it sorted.

The map locking thing isn't industry wide, some do it some don't. Some have the opinion that it's the mappers work, it'll stay locked so no one can look at it / copy it etc.

At the same time I know a lot of mappers that don't lock it as you are paying them for more than just the service. When you pay for a map, you are paying for that - the map, so you have the legal right to the unlocked file unless you have signed something before saying you don't.

Sorry to hear you've had a shit experience. Never fun. I am glad you got it sorted.

The map locking thing isn't industry wide, some do it some don't. Some have the opinion that it's the mappers work, it'll stay locked so no one can look at it / copy it etc.

At the same time I know a lot of mappers that don't lock it as you are paying them for more than just the service. When you pay for a map, you are paying for that - the map, so you have the legal right to the unlocked file unless you have signed something before saying you don't.

I see what your saying and I'd agree that I don't know every tuner but. Any I've spoke to those know lock maps.

You pay for the mapping and unless your more than Joe bloggs that's the height of it.

If I was to bring rights or legalities into it id say the mapper has to provide something fit for purpose and as such could easily argue that the only way to insure that is with a map beyond tampering.

If he liability is also on the line with blown engine etc potentially he could well argue that he wouldn't be held to anything unless the map remained locked.

I certainly wouldn't want my work out there for someone to tamper with and then blame me. Anyone who works on software knows that there is a good reason why any digital information that passes hands is referred to as uncontrolled (zero liability accepted etc)

Phil

Edited by Phil

Sorry to put a damper on TRL guys but my friends turbo s2000 was mapped there at 390bhp. Didn't last long as it was running seriously hot. Although my friends evo was mapped there and made really good power somewhere in the region of 560bhp with 550lbft so it's all swings and Roundabouts.

I do know that will is very critical about his mapping, doesn't do disclaimers, sign here etc etc. But if he feels that something is wrong then it's his rep on the line really. As for how the issue was dealt with I can't really comment as its one word against the other. It's just a shame that it all ended that way.

Sorry to hear about your issues iddy. Just glad your happy now with then end result, and your not leaving the scene as you have been around for many years 👍🏻

A bad day is no excuse for this.

He paid good money for a service on 2 seperate occaisions.

Bottom line is the man either wasn't capable or had faulty tools probably the latter.

Couldn't agree more

More than likely be faulty tools/parts

Phil

I sent Will a link to this thread via PM on FB, just in-case he hadn't seen it.

As, if it was me.... Id want to know... However... It seems I've been blocked for my troubles. :unknw:

Which tbh is pretty childish.... I feel even more sympathy for Iddy and any of his customers now.... :thumbsup:

Matt dont you think Will is kept upto date? I know the full ins and outs of this but I was keeping out of it too tbh. Will wont discuss things like this with you and I understand why. If this had been a race tech thread we all know it would have been locked the day it opened. Will does not cover up bad feed back unlike some people, the only reason it was removed from a civic forum was it was not buying/selling related. Anyway is there any tuners out there that has a customer feed back of 100% I dont think so!

As for Wills tuning work I can not fault it mine has been faultless for the 3 years. Ive had 3 mapps on mine now, the first one on the cop set up, that was later retuned after the running in was done and then my current twin fuel rail set up. My car has now covered over 45,000 miles on Wills tuning, the engine has never been run on anyone elses map. The plugs where changed just before Japfest1 this year and have been kept by me there in my tool box at work if anyone want to see a set of Wills plugs after just about 40K there proof in there own! I also know of a few others that will back Wills mapping and some have already on here.

As for the refund is there any tuners out there that give refunds??? And if some one came to me threatening to black my name on facebook and the forums if I did not give a refund WITH OUT them having any PROOF it was the map at fault I know what I would do! and give a refund is not one of them!

And as for Iddys past well we will leave that for now! but he is not a perfect bloke!

Matt dont you think Will is kept upto date? I know the full ins and outs of this but I was keeping out of it too tbh. Will wont discuss things like this with you and I understand why. If this had been a race tech thread we all know it would have been locked the day it opened. Will does not cover up bad feed back unlike some people, the only reason it was removed from a civic forum was it was not buying/selling related. Anyway is there any tuners out there that has a customer feed back of 100% I dont think so!

As for Wills tuning work I can not fault it mine has been faultless for the 3 years. Ive had 3 mapps on mine now, the first one on the cop set up, that was later retuned after the running in was done and then my current twin fuel rail set up. My car has now covered over 45,000 miles on Wills tuning, the engine has never been run on anyone elses map. The plugs where changed just before Japfest1 this year and have been kept by me there in my tool box at work if anyone want to see a set of Wills plugs after just about 40K there proof in there own! I also know of a few others that will back Wills mapping and some have already on here.

As for the refund is there any tuners out there that give refunds??? And if some one came to me threatening to black my name on facebook and the forums if I did not give a refund WITH OUT them having any PROOF it was the map at fault I know what I would do! and give a refund is not one of them!

And as for Iddys past well we will leave that for now! but he is not a perfect bloke!

I have no idea if he'd have seen it or not Rob. I let all traders know if poor feedback is posted. As I mentioned... I'd want to know if it was me. People alert me to negative feedback threads that have included me in the past. I don't go blocking them for there troubles :s

As for feedback for traders. UKSO doesn't HIDE or LOCK anything. If it turned into a bandwagon, then yes it will be locked or cleaned and if others have complaints, they are urged to make there own thread. The majority of this thread was people trying to gather what had gone wrong, so it was left open. You yourself have joined said bandwagon on TD threads before Rob remember!

I personally have no idea about the ins and outs and I always try to keep out of things. I was merely trying to alert someone to a piece of feedback. I personally have no issues with Will or any other trader on here to be honest. But when they behave like children then my respect for them falls away im afraid...

Like you say yourself, I've personally not seen or had an issue with Will's work as two of my good friends. Yourself and John. Have had good results. So there really is no need for the defensive!

What proof is required? Will mapped it, it was rubbish. The car didn't get driven for weeks (bar one weekend) while I decided what to do with it, until a mate persuaded me to give it one last change by having it mapped elsewhere. A week later it was mapped again and is now like a new car. I wish I had popped over to give you a test drive of it Rob, trust me you would have been asking questions.

I'm not saying Will's done a bad job on your car, but he did on mine. I didn't contact him saying "Refund of bad feedback", I wrote an essay outlining everything that went on, and I suggested a refund as a resolution. Will completely ignored me. He didn't even give me an alternative resolution, an apology, an explanation, absolutely nothing. That's terrible customer service.

Since posting this up I have had atleast 3 people telling me of similar problems (and in one case a lot worse), but it's up to them if they want to share that.

I have been a member of Civiclife for just over 7 years, of course I wanted to post on there. The forum is now quiet as most traffic has moved to the Civic FB group, hence me posting it there. It was only deleted because the group admins are friends with Will (and even they didn't agree with the way Will dealt with all of this). If anyone wants to see the evidence of this, feel free to PM me.

As for my past, of course I'm not perfect, but I don't know exactly what you're referring to and how it relates to your mates bad mapping on my car

If it's that important, feel free to make a new thread or PM me. I will say this much though, bad traders never last and we've seen many examples of that in the Starlet scene over the years. I've been an active member for 9 years and traded through most of them, if my past was as bad as you make out, I wouldn not still be here. 5 pages of 100% positive feedback on TGTT between 2008-09 (when I got banned for trading), 3659 feedback on eBay with 99.7% positive, 10 pages of feedback on here with 1 negative, what are you getting at? Of course we have had customer who have issues with parts, but we work to resolve this and not just ignore them!