Soon to be back in a Starlet

Hello all,
Well after having to break my Gt in 2014 to buy my first home :sad:,and a brief stint in the Mr2 scene, I'v just bought this little bus direct from the motherland, with any luck she will be on the boat in the next week or so and in the UK in the next 2 months. I have missed my Gt since the day I parked it up for breaking and cannot wait to get back in a Starlet and boosting once again.

Here she is, completely and standard with 109,000kms, I cannot wait :D
post-11130-0-24169300-1454674455.jpg
post-11130-0-69230400-1454674490.jpg
post-11130-0-18290100-1454674557.jpg
post-11130-0-07042800-1454674619.jpg
post-11130-0-43400800-1454674644.jpg
post-11130-0-44660200-1454674666.jpg

James

Edited by JamesD89

What made you go for a glanza mate? Big plans for it?

I wanted another Gt ideally mate, but after getting messed about by the dealer of the only clean one within budget I could find, I saw this and thought why not, I love a blank canvas to work with. Still got the Charade? hows she going?

Nice one James I like the 96 front with the splitter, what's the plan with this one then

Cheers Joe I never liked the optional splitter but the more I look at it it's growing on me. Hows your Gt?

No real plans yet until I see the actual condition when it gets here, if it's as clean as described I will just look for the Recaro interior and keep her stock and shiny for shows etc, I modded my Gt and made it almost unbearable to drive with the noise and rattling, I won't be making that mistake again lol.

James

Yeh still got the charade. Its in bits at the moment and so is the daily. I really need to put the tools down

Always the way mate, nice to see your still lurking round the forum though.

Shame you got rid of the GT man, it was so clean!

This V looks mint though, even keeping it standard it'll have that cult status in the years to come. No doubt values will be going up further

Hows it going Amjad? Still got the Gt shell here, but I stripped it down so far the cost and work to get it back up and running is more of a challenge than I want right now, will be offering the shell for free in the near future, give someone else a crack at it, yours is going well I hope?

Nice standard glanza you have got there with low miles that will last you for years, this is just how I like them maybe one or to little mods job done:)

Cheers mate I totally agree.

Edited by JamesD89

welcome back dude, looks like a good base, looking forward for an update,

does that mean ill see you spin this glanza out on the roundabout on the way to JF2 lool

Was this when the brake locked? Remember coming round the roundabout and he was in the middle

Hows it going Amjad? Still got the Gt shell here, but I stripped it down so far the cost and work to get it back up and running is more of a challenge than I want right now, will be offering the shell for free in the near future, give someone else a crack at it, yours is going well I hope?

Good, thanks! Got a lot of my niggles sorted, fine tuning it for track use now

Yeah I can imagine it would be, tracking down parts can take an age

• 2 months later...

Update on this for anyone interested, the car landed Thursday and cleared customs Friday, off down to collect her in the Morning.

It's been the slowest 2 months of my life waiting and tracking the vessel but hopefully will be well worth it. I will fire up some pics once she is home and had a good bath.

James

Oh hello! I'm back there tomorrow, when are you about?

I have a local recovery guy taking me to collect on his truck mate, I don't know him so unsure if he would be happy to hang around, Hoping to attend Japfest tho so I will be sure to pop over for a chat and watch you tearing about on track, noticed your selling your mines ecu, what setup you running now then?

Edited by JamesD89

No probs dude, thought I'd ask in case you were driving it back :)

Can't do any shows for the considerable future unfortunately, uni is as busy as it has ever been :(

Yeah man looking to change up things, might go Megasquirt..Not sure yet

No probs dude, thought I'd ask in case you were driving it back :)

Can't do any shows for the considerable future unfortunately, uni is as busy as it has ever been :(

Yeah man looking to change up things, might go Megasquirt..Not sure yet

Ay was hoping to get trade plates but a mate let me down last minute, shame would of been good to have a chat and show my new car off haha.

I'm helping my Mrs through her masters in nursing so I almost understand the hard work but will defo be worth it once you've finished it man.

I've heard that indigo gt over in Caerphilly are very knowledgeable and have tuned a good few Starlets, I'm going to enquire as to what ecu they reccomend and gather some info etc When the time for mapping comes.