AFM's on 255lph pump at idle

^^^ i sure didnt have that after fitting my p&p you guys have underlying problems !!!!

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking now.

Wondering if I've got a problem on the ecu wiring. Already had to fix one wire that was "spliced" badly way too near the plug by the previous owner so thinking there maybe something similar as i did disconnect and reconnect ecu after fitting pump so may have disturbed something.

^^^ i sure didnt have that after fitting my p&p you guys have underlying problems !!!!

I think mine is mainly the map on the ecu, afr's low 10's on full boost

I think mine is mainly the map on the ecu, afr's low 10's on full boost

that has nothing to do with the problem neil is having on tik over im sure your afr ar spot on on tic over

it doesnt matter how rich the starlet engine runs on first cold start up aslong as it settles at 14.3 / 14.9 on tik over 1s at operating temps

mine is at 10 when i start it but settles after 3 to 4 min

10's are still epic rich for warm up but you guys do have alot colder mornings than we do. But your right about idle, I usually try to tune aftermarket ecus so that idle/cruise is 14.7-15afr.

10's at peak load is a common thing with stock ecu's - I've seen that alot when checking setups running stock ecu's, even with hybrids. I'm sure the oxygen sensor only works in closed loop up to a point then swaps to open loop.

Could it possibly be to do with the return from the fpr? If the return is restricted then the pressure can effectively go up. Plus with the extra flow, the return back to the tank may not be big enough to cope?

Could it possibly be to do with the return from the fpr? If the return is restricted then the pressure can effectively go up. Plus with the extra flow, the return back to the tank may not be big enough to cope?

Would this not show up as high pressure though? Fpr has a gauge on and this appears to show pretty constant around 2.3 bar at idle.

remove your rrfpr - typical schoolboy error for pnp ecus - until you have physically driven the car after an ecu reset for between 50-100 miles you will never know its true values - once you have done this report back. I had similar issue with the following ecus - ZEP and JAM. however after a few miles of driving everything was fine.

remove your rrfpr - typical schoolboy error for pnp ecus - until you have physically driven the car after an ecu reset for between 50-100 miles you will never know its true values - once you have done this report back. I had similar issue with the following ecus - ZEP and JAM. however after a few miles of driving everything was fine.

Would this be the same with the stock ecu also? Have tried both and same overfuelling result.

not sure abt the stock ecu but if you are planning to keep the pnp ecu in there just follow what I told you and report back, Until you do this you will not know if you genuinely have a issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, quick update on this, have tried running pnp ecu and stock ecu and still the same, best i get is 10.1 on a fully warm engine.

Have changed temp sensor twice, IAT and O2 sensor with no effect.

Have checked wiring and I've got continuity between sensors and relevant pins on ecu so now at a bit of a loss.

Anyone think of something I'm missing?

Ok, so standard pump in and whilst there is an improvement its still not right. Now up to 11.1 fully warm.

So fuel pump wasn't helping but not fully fixed.

Not sure if this helps any but was randomly disconnecting sensor plugs to see if any made a difference and when i took the coolant temp one off, the ecu through up an error code but there was no difference in afr, would i not expect this to make it richer?

Beginning to think its time to consign the motor to the scrap heap as I'm fresh out of ideas, its been ages since I've driven it amd I'm right out of patience.