Because I know you all love Honda's - My Blue EP2.

I've got quite a few friends from this page and I'm not ready to say bye to you all yet, so I will continue on with my new car.

You all know me for my Blue EP80 (Jeans)... so I went completely crazy and bought a Blue EP2. I seem to like blue cars.

I've been looking for one for months, having wanted one since I learnt to drive but insurance wouldn't let me. I came across some right nails, people lying about the condition - people only mentioning faults when I asked to view.. I had a budget and I told myself I wouldn't shift from this.. but I did after finding this one. It's near immaculate.. when we viewed it, I genuinely couldn't believe how mint it was, especially after seeing how the others I had seen were.

The guy I bought the car off was the most genuine guy out there - couldn't be more helpful, friendly and it made me feel at ease buying this from him. He was gutted when I drove her away as it was a very reluctant sale. She's been kept well, full service history - looked after, regularly cleaned fully and only done 75k.

I don't have many plans as such for this as I don't think anything needs doing other than general maintenance and a few cosmetic things I'd like to change.

She was going to be a Type R rep.. so currently sitting on Type R alloys (painted ... gold), Type R seats and Type R spoiler...

Here's a few photos anyway, for those who don't dislike me for leaving my Starlet behind ;)!

20160229_153709.jpg

20160229_153652.jpg

Should have done the Type R in this colour. Looks a clean car.

Yeah, I've heard a few people say this!! She is clean.

welcome to the honda gang :) i sold up years ago and can't leave

Why thankyou !! I'm enjoying being a Civic wanker.. as they call anyone that owns one. Love her!

clean car jojo

best of luck with it enjoy :) :)

Thankyou :)! I shall enjoy indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Little update for those who care :p

I got rid of the gold fog inserts, and the Club Civic decal.. Looks much cleaner now in my opinion...

20160314_130431-001.jpg

Also, a couple of snaps I took today whilst the sun is out... to show how clean she is.. (minus the dirty tyres 8))

20160314_130358-001.jpg

20160314_130306-001.jpg

That's all for now.

Nearly show season! I'll be attending Japfest and Japshow and hopefully JAE...

Looking forward to Summer.. got a few plans for this, just need the money. I'll just be a general customer at Japfest but will be lingering around UKSO Stand possibly! I'm on 'Modified Girls' at Japshow... and JAE undecided yet :).

Anyway, here's a sunset shot to keep the thread going...

Sunset.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drop it on some coilovers that would finish it off, other than that very clean EP2 :)

Or if you want to do the full works a K20 turbo swap :D That would be cool!

The only thing I really want to do is drop it.. Just sourcing funds at the minute!

I did head to Japfest, popped to the UKSO Stand but hardly anyone around, saw the lovely Laura though :)! This was me in general parking, shamefully dirty but the weather down was awful.Snapchat-8341336984818274003.jpg

Did some headlight restoration the other day too, came up brand new.

IMG_20160420_162737.jpg

aaaand a cheeky bum shot..

20160428_001021-005.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Okay. So it's been almost a year.

SO MUCH HAS CHANGED. Well, it hasn't but little bits have.

I sourced some teg wheels and drove all the way to Liverpool to get them as they are what I've wanted on her since I got her, took about a week to get them resprayed and fitted. All of which I did on my own again haha!

Not much has changed elsewhere unfortunately. This is how she sits now....

18268356_10154348210366583_1983014271609

That looks great.

If it were me, I'd get an EP2 me thinks!

A friend I know loves this colour, but her boyfriend made her buy an EP3. I think she would have preferred this though.

If this were me, I wouldn't be bothering with a K20 swap, but rather a D16 turbo engine as they are seriously capable motors.

Love this it's gorgeous!

Edited by Calum122

That looks great.

If it were me, I'd get an EP2 me thinks!

A friend I know loves this colour, but her boyfriend made her buy an EP3. I think she would have preferred this though.

If this were me, I wouldn't be bothering with a K20 swap, but rather a D16 turbo engine as they are seriously capable motors.

Love this it's gorgeous!

May send it slightly off topic... But why D16 over K20?

Looking tidy. I like the blue and the DC5 wheels!

May send it slightly off topic... But why D16 over K20?

Looking tidy. I like the blue and the DC5 wheels!

Because they are absolutely tried and tested, in fact there is a whole forum dedicated to tuning them

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/59924-d16z-turbo.html

With people achieving well over a 1000 bhp.

Obviously the K20 is a superior motor, but don't discredit the D16 motor as they are seriously capable motors!

They're cheaper to get a hold of, they are very common and you're not paying a premium for having a K20. Tuning for these are very well understood.

The non-type S type R's already have a D16 motor in them, it's just a matter of swapping it for the ideal variant.

It's the choice I would make for this car, but each to their own.

Edited by Calum122

Because they are absolutely tried and tested, in fact there is a whole forum dedicated to tuning them

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/59924-d16z-turbo.html

With people achieving well over a 1000 bhp.

Obviously the K20 is a superior motor, but don't discredit the D16 motor as they are seriously capable motors!

They're cheaper to get a hold of, they are very common and you're not paying a premium for having a K20. Tuning for these are very well understood.

The non-type S type R's already have a D16 motor in them, it's just a matter of swapping it for the ideal variant.

It's the choice I would make for this car, but each to their own.

Fair one, I've not really followed the Honda scene for long enough to do any major research so cheers for that. I sold my DC2 and haven't touched another Honda since... Hmm...