Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turns out it doesnt look like you can get the brake servo off easily in the ep82 with the engine still in, so took the engine out (had to be done anyway), been putting it off the last week as its a messy job.

Anyways shes out now, just need some help to move it into the garage, its bloody heavy!

IMAG0146-1.jpg

I'll work on the brake servos tomorrow, for now i need a beer!!

Thanks for the comments Shorty, it really does help the build along when people post up comments. :)

Its going good though, considering i was racing around a track in it this time last week, the build is coming along nicely. Going out for some well deserved beers tonight, I would do more tomorrow but got to go do stuff with the wife!!

I am hoping to get this project done before it gets bloody cold, so got a bit of a rush on, plus i really want to drive this car bad ha ha.

good man!! you certianly arnt hanging around dude :) is an epic build!!!

The servo from ep82/ep91/gt/glanza, don't fit in the ep70 cause the master cylinder of the clutch is too close.

Use one from a nissan n14 sunny 1,4l. Also i would suggest an 15/16 master cylinder, maybe from nissan navara/gtr etc.

That's what i used in my ep70.

Also, what did you used to mount the ecu? Mine was 1E and swaped a 2E-TELU. Originaly the ecu has some brackets that botl to 2 holes in the firewall but my chassis doesn't have them, so the ecu is just hanging from the harness and rest on the carpet.

Are you sure, mine fits! I'll post up the video i did now of me fitting it.

The servo from ep82/ep91/gt/glanza, don't fit in the ep70 cause the master cylinder of the clutch is too close.

Use one from a nissan n14 sunny 1,4l. Also i would suggest an 15/16 master cylinder, maybe from nissan navara/gtr etc.

That's what i used in my ep70.

Also, what did you used to mount the ecu? Mine was 1E and swaped a 2E-TELU. Originaly the ecu has some brackets that botl to 2 holes in the firewall but my chassis doesn't have them, so the ecu is just hanging from the harness and rest on the carpet.

Here you go, here is how i fitted it

http://youtu.be/QHSrzLnaSuM

Its a tight squeeze but it goes in ok, i had to move the throttle cable slightly but its it looks good. Like you said maybe LHD are different?

Mine is LHD, so maybe it's different. But it barely fits, even the nissan one. Are you sure that you have the standar gt sevro? It's definetly not working in mine.

Could you answer in my quastion about ecu mounting?

Oh sorry, with the ECU I used the box that it was in the GT and i rebent the two metal brackets. I then used self tapping screws and mounted it directly underneath in a similar position to the GT.

I'll post up a pic now

Here you go, here is how i fitted it

http://youtu.be/QHSrzLnaSuM

Its a tight squeeze but it goes in ok, i had to move the throttle cable slightly but its it looks good. Like you said maybe LHD are different?

Seems that the distance between sevro and clutch MC from RHD to LHD is different...glad i learned something today.

Another difference is the air duct that you used for mounting the ecu (...i presume). Mine has also holes where you bolted the brackets.

Anyway, seems to be a really good built. You will keep it sleeper look? What about the intercooler? The stock front face has no room to hide a normal fmic...

Yes going for the full sleeper look, yes i know its going to be a right bitch with the fmic. I havent got to that part yet of putting it in so will just deal with it as i come to it lol.

I have also got to get a bloody oil cooler in some where, to say its gonna be crampt behind the grille is an understatement. People have done it so must be possible. I am working loads on this build during the week after work so watch this space.

I was hoping to get the engine in today, but i was so mingin this morning from going out to town and then staying up to watch the rugby at 4:30am, I wasnt in the best form :)

Seems that the distance between sevro and clutch MC from RHD to LHD is different...glad i learned something today.

Another difference is the air duct that you used for mounting the ecu (...i presume). Mine has also holes where you bolted the brackets.

Anyway, seems to be a really good built. You will keep it sleeper look? What about the intercooler? The stock front face has no room to hide a normal fmic...

BRAKE SERVO FITMENT UPDATE:

Just an update on fitting the larger brake servo, i have now got it in properly, turned out the servo didn't sit flush against the rear of the engine bay, you need to get a hammer and flatten out the bubbled parts of the firewall, you only need to bash them in so you gain a few mm, just enough so you can get the nuts on the other side in the foot well. Once that's done you can tighten it up and hey presto.

but yes it fits with no problems :ph34r: (Note: LHD ones apparently don't fit as it sits to close to the clutch master cylinder)

I see in the pic that they used a half size and thin radiator.

What about temps.

With my stock 1e radiator, it was getting hot after some (little) pushing. Fitted a ep71 turbo rad, it's 2row, and a bit longer than 1e original rad and never had issue again.

But in this case the i/c would block the air to the rad.

You maybe use a smaller i/c at the side of the ep71 turbo rad. The top mount from a turbo diesel pick-up i think it will do the trick.

Yeah whats your address i'll mail em to you if i cant get to you with the car,

awesome updates dude :ph34r: rekon you could get those pipes back up to me soon, and ill see if chris can bosh them on with my braided lines when he takes my car up to manchester :(

nah dont worry about posting them dude, dont want them to get bent up in the post. toyota made me collect them lol. ill come get them when my car is up and running, spose id better crawl before i can run lol

and mate, this mega needs a replica disabled badge on :ph34r: obviously a real 1 will get you in trouble lol