Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still cant believe i missed it lol, anyway big relief it was just that :) I am not 100% what i am going to do with the intercooler pipework yet, i havent even considered it. Now it runs though, i decided to not go out on the beer tonight so i can have another good crack at it tomorrow.

Well chuffed, my baby is alive!! only elbow greese left to do now, all the technical headaches are done!!

Haha, the littlest things causing such a headache, easily missed with such a conversion though lol. Glad you got it sorted though

D

Still cant believe i missed it lol, anyway big relief it was just that :) I am not 100% what i am going to do with the intercooler pipework yet, i havent even considered it. Now it runs though, i decided to not go out on the beer tonight so i can have another good crack at it tomorrow.

Well chuffed, my baby is alive!! only elbow greese left to do now, all the technical headaches are done!!

Haha, i'd just done a Z20LEH conversion to my old corsa and the new fusebox didnt have a starter fuse. I spent over a week trying to find he cause before my girlfriend trying to act smart said, "Checked your fuses"? Haha, luckily i'd got a spare one, never felt such a noob lol

D

Ah mint, thats exactly what i need then, i'll get him to make the exhuast and intercooler for me :) Although i can imagine its gonna cost me an arm and a leg!!

prospeed can make you up intercooler pipes too mate :(

i can probably get a few quid for my TD04 intercooler pipework then thinking about it.

Ah mint, thats exactly what i need then, i'll get him to make the exhuast and intercooler for me :) Although i can imagine its gonna cost me an arm and a leg!!

Yeah got the decat, he quoted me £320 for a full system from the decat back, i'll have a quick look at my intercooler tomorrow if it definetly wont fit then i'll get a nice shiney new one :)

Then i just got to get the oil cooler in too eeeekk!

lol you've already got the de-cat havent you? so the zorst will be £260. and i expect the I/C pipes will maybe be another £150-£200 is dude lol

ahh shit yeah i was thinking n/a decat because thats halfway up the zorst lol. but the turbo cat is right on the turbo lol.

but yeah, cant you get a thinner I/C to hide behind the bumper, like the one josheyboy006 has just bought? and then get the pipes made up at prospeed?

The rad sits slightly further back so its bent the rad hose, its an easy fix, they both fit i just need to chop an inch off to get rid of the kink :) Havent got around to doing that though lol.

Had some good progress today, i have sorted out the engine bay electrics now so its all nice and tidy and cut out loads of the redundant wiring, found a neat little place to put the fuse box too next to the right front head light :(

I had to lenthen the fuel tank wiring so also did that and chopped out the wiring that wasnt needed.

All the work i can do now is inside the car so i dont have to worry about it raining, which is great. Just need to cut out all the excess wiring from the ep82 loom.

Mint!!

looks good mate. what you going to do with that rad hose?

Ha ha yeah i will defo give you guys a spin in it, to be honest i sat in it earlier with the engine running and suddenly realised how bloody small the car feels, i think its going to be scary as shit going quick around a track in that tin can!

All i got left to do is.

1. Bleed brakes

2. Bleed clutch

3. Exhaust system to be made up from Decat pipe

4. Intercooler pipework

5. Remove unwanted parts of ep82 loom

6. Decide on using either the ep82 clocks or rewire the ep70 clocks in (but it has no rev counter )

In fairness best fun i have had in ages doing this project, i like doing the video diary too makes it more interesting for people to follow.

Thanks to everyone for the comments so far, its always good to read and i look forward to reading what people have said. Once its all done and im happy with it, i will focus on getting the body work immaculate and then get someone to detail it for me.

Gold never looked so good ha ha!

Cracked on with removing the redundant ep82 wiring inside the car after work today

EP70 (boxy starlet) 4EFTE Turbo conversion part 13: Cutting out all the unwanted wiring

http://youtu.be/skU7VmHH8to

car-1.png

More to come tomorrow, i managed to finish the drivers side wiring so thats all chopped out, soldered and taped away so looks much neater. Same again tomorrow with the passenger side, snip, snip, snip!! It takes so long because i have to keep testing the electrics to make sure its all working every time im cutting bits out!