Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers guys should be on the road week after next, its been a mad two and half months :)

Bled the brakes today, still spongy though, gonna have to do them again. For some reason when bleeding the drums at the back hardly any brake fluid was being pumped through the lines, which is odd, so need to check that.

I also put all the dash back in too and my aluminium fuel filler cap arrived but its the wrong feckin size.

Cant do too much now i am just waiting for the 25th to come up to go get my exhaust fitted.

Wahoo, :D yes defo be up for a meet when its done.

awesome :) you best be bringing this to the welsh meet? ;) hehe.

cant wait to see this beauty

Ha ha ok i will post up a video, its only in my yard though as its not taxed at the moment :D oh and its only got the decat pipe on as an exhuast lol.

I'll get the mrs to record some video for you lot.

Taggy where is the video of you driving it round!

this upsets me

Thanks Idress and Sparky, I have always wanted a sleeper and when the opportunity came up to make one with an old starlet I jumped at it. Suffice to say I am well happy i did it, not forgetting my mate Leon Dendle who helped out with plenty, especially the electrical diagrams.

I'll get some vids up week after next once the exhuast is on :D

I wouldn't like to think how many hours its taken though, lots!

As Sparky said, this is awesome especially considering how quick you've done all the work.

Started looking at plumbing in the FMIC this weekend, its going to be much more difficult than i anticipated. There is no way in hell I can fit in my thick core front mount intercooler from my EP82 and also the pipework is all out of whack as the engine bay is much shorter.

Looks like i will have to get a slim size one and then also pay someone to make up the custom pipes for me, sigh, i was hoping to save my self a few hundred quid by using the one off the ep82.

Anyway here is my latest video of my work to date on the car, in the vid im talking about fitting the fmic, but thats before i realised it was to big!

Untitled.jpg

EP70 (boxy starlet) 4EFTE Turbo conversion part 14: Figuring out how to fit the FMIC B)

Exhaust is 4 days away now, excited i am!!

how you pulled this off, and get married in such a short space of time is awesome B)

Shit your right! yes i am losing it, this is what this cars done to me, i cant sleep at night until its bloody finished.

Fixed now B)

your loosing it taggy, youve already got a part 13 B)

cant wait to see some on track video of this!

Ok after a lot of ummin and arrring on what intercooler size to get due to the restricted room and also a major factor of the bonnet catch asembly sitting right in the middle, so i couldnt put a wide IC in.

Decided to go for this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310339042303?ssP...984.m1497.l2649

I can fit this nicely on the left hand side of the radiator without it interfering with the bonnet catch and the rigidty bar which sits bang in the middle.

Its pritty dinky, but probably about twice the size of the standard IC

Just need some custom pipes then B)

Yeah exhaust Friday, i reckon the intercooler will turn up Wed/Thur, just need to ring this place in bridgend called xzorst to see if they can fit me in for the intercooler piping.

I'll defo get some vids up of some flybys and see if me and my mate can go stalk some big cars and make them look slow! lolz gonna be loads of fun just looking at peoples faces B)

When you hoping to get it done? Exhaust friday but when will you have the intercooler sorted? Seriously when it's finished we need to see some proper flyby videos etc it's gonna be so funny haha

Yes

I went to Xzorst in Bridgend and he said its going to be about £100 for the parts and then about 3 hours labour to make it all, so its gonna come in under £200 for all the custom piping work. I have provided my own intercooler though.

Decided i am also going to get the exhuast system made there too as its easier, plus hes £100 cheaper than prospeed on the system!

Result

Its been pushed back to Monday now as thats the earliest he can fit me in, so booked a day off work and with any luck the car should have the intercooler plumbed in as well as the exhuast!

Sweet!

GREAT SUCCESS! as borat would say B) sounds positive mate!

whens all this happening?

cant wait to see it finished!