Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ah that’s a shame, as If you could see the boost curve off the dyno; you’d be able to see where you can make some improvements with electronic boost control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, stevie82 said:

Not quite sure what u mean ?

The Dyno result, great figures. 

You mention TD in a previous post ??. Is this tunning development. I see TD quoted alot related with Toyota owners. 

How much did you pay for mapping?. 

I've spoken with tuning development on the phone very helpful and knowledgeable on these. 

Edited by Sam44
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sam44 said:

The Dyno result, great figures. 

You mention TD in a previous post ??. Is this tunning development. I see TD quoted alot related with Toyota owners. 

How much did you pay for mapping?. 

I've spoken with tuning development on the phone very helpful and knowledgeable on these. 

Yeah it’s tuning developments in Warrington, mike and nick are good guys I’m really happy with the car, charged me £699 to supply fit and map greddy emanage blue and 3 bar map sensor, some fabrication work and a k&n air filter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevie82 said:

Yeah it’s tuning developments in Warrington, mike and nick are good guys I’m really happy with the car, charged me £699 to supply fit and map greddy emanage blue and 3 bar map sensor, some fabrication work and a k&n air filter 

Great price. 

I had a good chat with one of them the other week. Really helpful and gave me lots of useful tips. 

Others have recommended them off different Toyota site's. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 3:05 PM, stevie82 said:

Yeah it’s tuning developments in Warrington, mike and nick are good guys I’m really happy with the car, charged me £699 to supply fit and map greddy emanage blue and 3 bar map sensor, some fabrication work and a k&n air filter 

Wow hell fire, £700 for a piggyback ecu in 2020. 

I payed £600 for a brand new ME221 Gen2 - Its hasn't been a quick pnp few little mods on the way but its far better then a piggyback. Just a few more sensors and ill be booking mapping. 

So shook about that price but maybe that's just my tight arse haha, you can pick emb up for about £150 all in and its quick simple to fit. 

After all its each to there own and the build it looking nice, I did want a black glanza preferably but ended up with white (every time lol) 

Keep it up :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JxckGlanza said:

Wow hell fire, £700 for a piggyback ecu in 2020. 

I payed £600 for a brand new ME221 Gen2 - Its hasn't been a quick pnp few little mods on the way but its far better then a piggyback. Just a few more sensors and ill be booking mapping. 

So shook about that price but maybe that's just my tight arse haha, you can pick emb up for about £150 all in and its quick simple to fit. 

After all its each to there own and the build it looking nice, I did want a black glanza preferably but ended up with white (every time lol) 

Keep it up :) 

When I was speaking with them, there map has been developed over many years and finally tuned to the vehicle. Alot of experience and expertise. Plus k&n filters are the best part of £100. Plus a Dyno printout. I'm impressed with this price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit of a harsh criticism if you think about it.

EMB (can't find a new item listed for £150?)

Pnp harness or ignition and injector harness

3 bar MAP sensor

Fitting of above to vehicle. (Labour of skilled worker)

Air filter

Air intake pipe (design and fabricate by skilled worker i.e TIG welded pipe assembly and fit to vehicle)

Setup on dyno, upload map, tune and tweak, dyno power runs (all time and labour of skilled workers)

And I presume the price included VAT so TD won't be getting that part of the price.

£699 sounds like a bargain to me.

Edited by Claymore
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed £700 sounds about right for the work described. The ME221 does sound good, but if you are not going to use 90% of the features then there is nothing wrong with Piggyback.

 

If you really are bothered, go get a Haltech ECU for £1200 and use that. Best thing about the Haltech is that once you are done, you can remove it and sell it or use it on your next project car. Same with Piggyback in fact. Where as the ME221 system is tied to the car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Calum122 said:

Agreed £700 sounds about right for the work described. The ME221 does sound good, but if you are not going to use 90% of the features then there is nothing wrong with Piggyback.

 

If you really are bothered, go get a Haltech ECU for £1200 and use that. Best thing about the Haltech is that once you are done, you can remove it and sell it or use it on your next project car. Same with Piggyback in fact. Where as the ME221 system is tied to the car.

Yeah or a link, I just couldn't be bothered with the hardwiring or paying £400/making a custom loom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Not updated this in a while, the glanza still gets used as a daily and although it passes mot every year a few things need doing on it now. I have new powerflex mounts as the stock ones are a bit tired now. The flexi started to blow on the exhaust too so got a new stainless one to weld in. There’s also an oil leak from the timing side ( probably oil pump o ring) that needs seeing to and I think the water pump has a slight weep so plenty to keep me busy. Also bagged some new his gaskets for the exhaust as well.F9EB01DD-D3CB-432E-9B29-BB03037E7378.thumb.jpeg.bd6610950b70e690e561dc5287744cc1.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention also my neighbour unfortunately backed in to it as well last week and caused minor body damage and broke the left tail light lense 🤦‍♂️. Toyota don’t do the lenses anymore and are like rocking 🐴 💩 to find ! Lucky Dan at djr imports had one for £120 to help me out and I need to book the car in at work to have the bumper done.280A4AA9-D296-43F0-AF7B-B84D44B59EF8.thumb.jpeg.6446109726df5cf7b912e6fb2a535348.jpegB20CC288-3319-4F56-A4CA-245F4559F11E.thumb.jpeg.79e165747ec843cd2e2894edb06d8080.jpegBC210341-2D80-4434-A4B0-ACD6D403D631.thumb.jpeg.aa2010a11a481ab3d2062ac161910ee6.jpeg1CDA77E3-93CA-464F-B250-3FCDD5A891E3.thumb.jpeg.902b3e9b565526be470e4e31427d1936.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...