Russell's impulse buy t sport

Finally back in a Toyota . Not a starlet though . Signed up to Corolla forums but find them a bit lacking in activity compared to here . Long story short I needed a car quick and this came up for £800 so I threw caution to the wind and bought it even though I do a lot of miles for work.

IMG_20160423_203949.jpg

IMG_20160423_204012.jpg

Has a few little rough areas like paint peeling on the back bumper but otherwise bodywork is good . The air con has decided to stop working since I went on holiday for a month . The alarm keeps going off since the other day and I suspect the battery needs replaced but it looks like a recent battery in it so I think something is draining it and going by the remains of stuck on led door strips that doesn't suprise me .

It's lowered on extreme lowering springs at the front and it almost feels like there is no suspension so I ordered a set of Bc coilovers from tuning developments . Should be here next week .

Then onto the exhaust . It's SOOO loud so I'll be taking it to a nearby exhaust place soon to get a custom system made up because even the garage down the road could only get one for 550 . So I'll see if I can get one with a sports cat and scent sounding box that's not really loud hoping the sports cat will get rid of the dash lights thrown up by th decat .

Not going to be a massive project but will probably end up doing random other bits n pieces.

I run one of these as a daily..

The bonnet sensor (for the alarm) gets bent and causes the alarm go off randomly. Disconnect it. This can cause the alarm to randomly go off.

Good daily's tho imo! The facelift model is a big improvement tho!

Good advice. I'll give that a check in a minute . Cheers . Was pleasantly surprised with insurance costs as well .

Yeh for the money I was chuffed with it. Even has a decent service history so I know that at least a couple of owners ago it was taken care of .

Wheels are a bit grubby as well having been painted over with a rattle can but from a distance they will do for now

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of theses too link in my bio! The corolla forum is lacking a tad and all the activity happens on fb but it's people that tend not to own Corollas anymore for some reason, my alarm keeps going off too and as socks says just disconnect it or if you don't like your neighbors let it go on.

Lol socks got it in one. Disconnected it when he post his comment and its not gone off since.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of coilovers today. Cars Just undrivable on anything but a perfect road.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have another in a heart beat only mechanical failure I had was rear washer pump motor in 5 years ,8.4 0-60 is a load of lies as well Toyotas marketing bigwigs didn't want the Celica to be no faster on paper

Just as fast as the Celica t sport I'd say nearer 7 in all honesty my ep3 felt no faster to 60 , I loved my corolla and only got shut as I'd had it so long and fancied a change ended up with a mr2 roadster in grey that was loaded with tte goodies again another great car only kept that a year though that needed the 2zz in it

Yeh I don't know why they didn't put one in. Not a hard swap to do though by all accounts. My dad had a compressor and it was lovely, he offered it to me before he sold it but I had the gt4 at the time. Bags of potential in the compressors as the just need an intercooler and lightweight pully then a piggy back. Have you got any plans for the tsport?

Thinking about a compressor or a glanza next ,use my starlet sr as the daily ,I've got the red edition 140 not t sport as I was spending a lot of time on motorways at weekends so wanted the longer 6th gear it's not as slow as people make out to be fair it's just lowered and that's it it's immaculate only 48k but fancy change end if year prob a standard glanza as never had a turbo car , sorry bout the thread hijack the corolla looks lovely I'm one of the minority that prefers the pre facelift same as my old one thunder grey and lowered

The compressor went well but is nowhere near it's best instock form. A few people have done the mods i mentioned and easily see over 250. Just don't bother with after market air filters as all the modded compressors with them were losing power at the TD rolling road day whereas the stock ones were bang on the money. My Dad had the 140 Celica before the Compressor and they were worlds apart but the Celica was a heavy car.

Glanzas are lovely but so are the Compressors- will be a hard decision eg age, mileage, space and reliability.

Yeah the Celica's lose power with aftermarket filters as well the Celica surprisingly only weighs 1145kg ish it the gearing that let's it down but I knew this when I bought it needed a motorway cruiser lovely to drive mind and handling is superb.....but it's definatly no compressor or glanza either way it's gotta be silver

• 3 months later...

I'm lacking a bit in forum activity these days I didn't even notice all these comments lol but I ha some updates .

First one is my coilovers finally arrived .

Upon removal of the old shocks and springs I found out the reason it was SOOO bad

WP_20160620_21_15_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20160620_20_20_51_Pro.jpg

Poor quality because of the camera lens being covered in dust lol

Next up I developed a random grinding from the brakes . Sticky calliper slider was the culprit and this thing was f*****g stuck lol

WP_20160727_21_26_21_Pro.jpg

And fixed . Notice no anti roll bar connected . I'll get to that

WP_20160728_18_33_15_Pro.jpg

Next the headlights were badly faded so set to fixing that with a headlight restore kit

Before

WP_20160925_14_35_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20160925_14_34_57_Pro.jpg

After

WP_20160925_16_29_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20160925_15_27_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20160925_15_17_17_Pro.jpg

By far the most pleasing job I've done .

Next on to the exhaust . I don't have any before pics but it was too loud and stuck out too far . Took a visit to pipe dynamics in Leven. Still too loud but getting a mid silencer put it next week .

WP_20161005_17_12_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20161005_17_13_05_Pro.jpg

Excuse my thumb lol

Next I'm needing to get a new anti roll bar as I took a grinder to mine in a fit of rage trying to take it off. Reason being is thevdroplinks supplied with the coilovers has 12mm ends and the arb's had a 10mm hole some wanted to take it off and drill it . Now I'm after a whiteline one .

Also the car runs weird sometimes. Like no power at all when I hit the gas . Mostly just when pulling away or changing gears . Clutch down and it lets me Rev but won't do nothing under load . Goes away after a few seconds . Happened a couple of times when just cruising . Also the other day coming on a slip road I gave it full throttle and it was soo rough. Even in lift it was hesitant . New plugs have arrived and I'm going to have her terra leaned and give the engine a flush and couple oil changes before i start replacing other parts .

In the bearish future I'd like the wheels properly coated not roughly rattle canned and the rear bumper painted.

End of update for now .

Cheers

Russell

a lot of car for not much money 8) lift bolts probably need changed, only a few quid each from toyota and handy enough done. i cant stress enough how gentle to be with them when removing, i would give them a wee 1/4 in for every 1 turn :thumbsup:

Well its to go to the garage down the road for 4 tyres soon soo Il get them to check the codes . The eml light is on but that's duebto the cat not being there until last week.

I want to clean the ocv as well . Thinks that's the right thing I've had a bit forgetful moment but ye i think its the ocv valve.

Could be a MAF issue as I replaced the air filter yesterday and I was moving stuff about and it was being quite awkward today.

I'm going to do the lift bolts soon too . What do you mean about 1/4 in for every turn ? I'm nervous about things snapping these days . Even considering giving the garage the responsibility for the plug change haha

Don't suppose anyone could tell me the hole diameter in a white line arb for the corolla.