Who hasn't declared they're car as a turbo?

I have always insured my GT Turbo properly for all 9 months i have had her on the road haha but i don't get insanely wound up about others that don't, Its there choice to risk it and there's alot worse things happing in the world, I have seen threads about this subject go way over the top before. :)

I have always insured my GT Turbo properly for all 9 months i have had her on the road haha but i don't get insanely wound up about others that don't, Its there choice to risk it and there's alot worse things happing in the world, I have seen threads about this subject go way over the top before. :)

well I tell you now if my car was wrote off with my family in it by some arsehole in a car that shouldn't even be on the road. I'd be seriously pissed off.

well I tell you now if my car was wrote off with my family in it by some arsehole in a car that shouldn't even be on the road. I'd be seriously pissed off.

I totally agree i would feel exactly the same. I never said I thought it was ok or acceptable for people doing it please don't misunderstand me buddy :)

What I don't get is having everything insured but something bad to happen and you have say a screamer pipe ha. Surely a decat screamer should in theory make insurance void as it's an illegal mod? Therefore it shouldn't be on the road obviously I have a cat and no buddyclub exhaust as that would be naughty :)

Well I have always wondered how some of these 19-20 year olds can afford to put fully forged 300 bhp + starlets on the road

They dont. They buy them with these big pipe dreams because they can afford the fake insurance. They then realise they cant afford to build them and break what was a perfectly good starlet.

Should ban anyone from this site who is insured this way.

Insurance companies aren't the issue people not declaring and the government changing how to declare stuff are.

My starlet i tried to declare as a 1.6, updated the v5 sent off, to then have it sent back with a a letter stating i need to provide proof of the engine swap. Ok fair enough, headed letter from a garage etc etc. Off it goes again and alls peachy

I then try to declare my corolla with an engine swap exactly the same headed letter and all, but now theyve changed how you do it. I now have to go to the post office and tell them i need to pay more tax then use the tax number on that to fill in a v70 form or some crap and post that off with my updated v5, headed letter and v70 just so the dvla will accept that I've got a bigger engine in my car!?

Is it really that hard to just go oh, hes told us hes got a bigger engine so needs to pay extra for tax heres your v5c next time you tax it use this to pay any extra?