Ongoing gearbox/clutch problem

I ran one in my old glanza and never had an issue. Then I fitted one to my corolla t sport. Again no issues after 30k on the corolla and 15k on the glanza. You could always play it safe and go for an Exedy 3 paddle.

Will the exedy 3 hold the power at 300?

Thanks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok boss, didn't know that tbf. Says the orc is rated to 340nm. Im sure thats more than enough lol.

yes it will be more than plenty. its one of those things you just fit and forget about they are really strong and can handle some proper abuse

bite the bullet and go with the ORC. wont ever buy a spec again,shower of shite. also my mate had a brand new comp clutch in his starlet, kept sticking in gear and felt mega vague

and orca are about 220 ftlb torque

im running 250ftlbs and its perfect. Edited by Vturbo

bite the bullet and go with the ORC. wont ever buy a spec again,shower of shite. also my mate had a brand new comp clutch in his starlet, kept sticking in gear and felt mega vague

im running 250ftlbs and its perfect.

Chances are the clutch master/slave cylinder will have been passing, mine did the same till they were both renewed.

yes it will be more than plenty. its one of those things you just fit and forget about they are really strong and can handle some proper abuse

Hmm. Think im going to have to rustle up some cash then lol. Definitely going to go with the ORC. This the one i need?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/orc-309d-single-plate-metal-clutch-kit-ae86.html

Cheers

Chances are the clutch master/slave cylinder will have been passing, mine did the same till they were both renewed.

we both installed orc clutches without touching master or slave cylinders, not a problem to report

I know I had a similar issue but this was due to the added stress of the new cover plate causing the cylinder to pass. Once fitted with new it was spot on, gear changes were as if it was factory.

ah fair enough.

Sweet cheers man. Cheapest delivery is DHL for 85 quid 😳. So looking at a 700 spend!

Edited by Mike-530