Ongoing gearbox/clutch problem

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 20 percent added, that makes it about 820!! How come it doesn't say in the checkout about import? Where do i add it on?

DHL will contact you to make the import duty payment once they have your item

Edited by H_D

With 20 percent added, that makes it about 820!! How come it doesn't say in the checkout about import? Where do i add it on?

Because DHL pay all the fees on your behalf then charge you before they will deliver it I payed £150 extra on top to get my cage :) would have been more but I emailed rhd to see if they could send me an invoice with a lower value to get import tax down :)

Edited by akyakapotter

Because DHL pay all the fees on your behalf then charge you before they will deliver it I payed £150 extra on top to get my cage :) would have been more but I emailed rhd to see if they could send me an invoice with a lower value to get import tax down :)

Ok boss. I think im going to give that a try. Just sucks how you would have to pay about 200 quid for delivery lol.

Cheers for the info lad!👍

I purchased another box locally and another spec 6 clutch. Rebuilt the car and identical tapping noise occurred resulting to stripped input shaft and clutch hub splines again. Starting to get really expensive and annoying. Anyone came across similar damage or know anything? I can only think something is not aligned correct.

Sorry dont know how to upload pics.

Thanks

Mike

general question as you seem to have been sorted advice wise----is this a solid disc or "spring-centre" clutch?

Edited by gorganl2000

Didn't realise you was from Leicester mate. I'm also from leicester

Nice mate. Im from broughton astley near lutterworth if you have heard of it lol? Where u near? Will have to meet up for some race wars if i ever get this thing back on the road lol. Owned it for about 3 years drove it for about 6 month because it keeps breaking 😂

Ive seen bad things about comp clutches too

same I've seen a lot of bad reviews a about cc the only good thing is cc customer service is ment to be really good and they always send replacement parts straight away with no messing about free of charge obviously still sucks if you got to pay labour to have it changed again

same I've seen a lot of bad reviews a about cc the only good thing is cc customer service is ment to be really good and they always send replacement parts straight away with no messing about free of charge obviously still sucks if you got to pay labour to have it changed again

Ok mate. Still good to know! Definitely going down the ORC route tho. Just a bit costly lol. With lowering the import tax, think its still going to cost 700 😞

Cheers

Edited by Mike-530

Ok mate. Still good to know! Definitely going down the ORC route tho. Just a bit costly lol. With lowering the import tax, think its still going to cost 700 😞

Cheers

be well worth it in the end mate if I was to build another one I'd definitely be going for an Orc
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...